Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike safe London; a rider?s eye view (Warning: Long!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:04 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:

If you're going to be pedantic, make sure you get it right yourself.
Smile

i didnt use capitals or full stops either

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:14 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
killa wrote:

Felt like slating someone else's thread for a change, seem's to be the done thing around here, nothing wrong with some critisium.

You didn't slate it, you just filled it with weird, aimless gibberish.

Not really James, i read the whole thing and TBH i think most people will say nice write up because of the length of it and because it's Bike Safe Rolling Eyes
It sounded like a pain in the arse IMO and that's what i replied about, Luke's come in here trying to stir some shit again, where as i at least directed my post at G's.

Luke wrote:
Thumbs Up @ G

I bet you thought the bit where the cop went over those white lines quite interesting, i was on the edge of my seat! Laughing

Wicked reply
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:01 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Mister James wrote:

You didn't slate it, you just filled it with weird, aimless gibberish.

Not really James, i read the whole thing and TBH i think most people will say nice write up because of the length of it and because it's Bike Safe Rolling Eyes
It sounded like a pain in the arse IMO and that's what i replied about, Luke's come in here trying to stir some shit again, where as i at least directed my post at G's.

Allow me to rephrase it for you then:

'You didn't slate it, you just filled it with what appears to everyone else to be weird, aimless gibberish, but in your strange mind makes you look like a genius!'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:43 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Allow me to rephrase it for you then:

'You didn't slate it, you just filled it with what appears to everyone else to be weird, aimless gibberish.

Seriously James, get off your high horse, stop brown nosing and get real.
You say informative i say shite, it sounded like G was more than capable before he went, and this just gave him much more to think about when on the road. From G's detailed post of the day it created a clear picture in my mind that when people describe this as 'advanced' it clearly isn't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:46 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a very interesting Read G-quite enjoyed it. Thumbs Up Got me thinking about doing one in the future maybe.
Is there a minimum age/licence period held until you can do one?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:49 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Seriously James, get off your high horse, stop brown nosing and get real.

Brown-nosing who? G? Unlikely, I'm bigger than him, and when I met him he didn't strike me as someone that goes in for all that anyway! The police? Hardly.

It never fails to amuse me that anyone disagreeing with you must either be lying/unreal/brown-nosing.

Quote:

You say informative i say shite, it sounded like G was more than capable before he went, and this just gave him much more to think about when on the road. From G's detailed post of the day it created a clear picture in my mind that when people describe this as 'advanced' it clearly isn't.

No problem, however, to borrow a phrase from you, you say 'a clear picture in my mind' and I say 'weird aimless gibberish'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:55 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
It never fails to amuse me that anyone disagreeing with you must either be lying/unreal/brown-nosing.

No problem, however, to borrow a phrase from you, you say 'a clear picture in my mind' and I say 'weird aimless gibberish'.

Like wise James, you seem to think because i go against this Bike Safe thing in the way i have i'm out of line in some way.
It's a just a different opinion on the course, i read through my post again and see nothing wrong with asking those questions.

Ninja
Caption Abuser

PostPosted: 11:27 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent write up Thumbs Up

I agree with Killa's sentiment too, G's obviously already got the majority of the skill set required for quick road riding ... come on, he could plainly see that some of the instructor's moves were a bit iffy to say the least ... but there was still something to be learnt Thumbs Up

Using the 'wrong' side of the road is tops advice ... people not expecting it will see it as aggressive, whether you're behind them or coming the other way ... but you'd still give enough lead time to modify your position without causing anybody else to react un-necessarily ... it's only the self righteous gits that would honk or flash if you've carried out your moves consideratley.

Thumbs Up

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 11:45 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Like wise James, you seem to think because i go against this Bike Safe thing in the way i have i'm out of line in some way.
It's a just a different opinion on the course, i read through my post again and see nothing wrong with asking those questions.

I said, or seemed to think, nothing of the kind.

My post was quite specific, and expressed my full and frank opinion of your post. I made no attempt to ascribe a motive or reasoning.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:51 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
I said, or seemed to think, nothing of the kind.

I don't think my post was that confusing, it is heavily sarcastic but i was bored, you've not challenged anything i said or asked about which seemed to show you didn't like it, so you you just made a stupid remark.
An example is maybe the point i raised about the speed camera and the officer who has had 'advanced' training', you could answer what you think you'd say is fair after being on this course.

Delvard
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:56 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good write up G. Seems to me it gave you some insight into ideas of biking control and method you otherwise wouldn't have considered. I've got to admit I've sometimes considered you a little over confident and 'all knowing' in the past. Thats clearly wrong. You gone on this with open eyes, curiosity and an awareness that there's always something new to learn no matter how experienced you think you may be.
Good on you.

Andy Thumbs Up
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:02 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delvard wrote:
Good write up G. Seems to me it gave you some insight into ideas of biking control and method you otherwise wouldn't have considered. I've got to admit I've sometimes considered you a little over confident and 'all knowing' in the past. Thats clearly wrong. You gone on this with open eyes, curiosity and an awareness that there's always something new to learn no matter how experienced you think you may be.
Good on you.

Andy Thumbs Up

Agreed - that's certainly the impression that I got too.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:05 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

*Sniff sniff* "Can you smell something?" Wink Thumbs Up

Delvard
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:08 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Mister James wrote:

*Sniff sniff* "Can you smell something?" Wink Thumbs Up

Whats wrong with you fella? Just chill a little.
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:11 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delvard wrote:
Whats wrong with you fella? Just chill a little.

Yeah, sorry for that, just annoys me i'm seen as being wrong for not just saying 'Thanks' for the above write up.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 13:14 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut your stupid gob killa, your making yourself look like a prick.....

actually carry on so i can keep -tve'ing your ass

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:58 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
shut your stupid gob killa, your making yourself look like a prick.....

Laughing it's only the internet Lukey

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:01 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:07 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz

Police LOL

Re-post Rolling Eyes

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:12 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zz

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:19 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Zz

Great stuff Cool Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, ladies, stop flirting.

Nice write up Thumbs Up

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:29 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:29 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get a little perspective here.

What you are saying Killa is that advanced training is pointless because you are already a great rider.

This is obviously because advanced training gives you 'too much' to think about on the road.

Personally I would say that if you (meaning everyone) can get all of the police roadcraft stuff to the point where you /don't/ need to think about it, then you (meaning everyone) would be a much better rider. G articulated the good and bad aspects that he saw, but to simply dismiss it all as pointless is very naive IMO.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 14:45 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont listen to the little cock, mark. He's just being a tosser cause i slept with his mum while his dad raped him.

Luke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4