Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Bike, sv650

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: New Bike, sv650 Reply with quote

Hi,

Well i wrote of my rs125 a while back now so have booked my test for the 19th of this month prior to 3 full days lessons. So finger crossed i will pass. Ive been getting advice on a good starter bike and the one i liked most was the 03+ models of the sv650s.

Well brought her a few weeks back and shes sitting in my garage looking all sexy and waiting for me to come home on the 19th. Seriously she is sex on wheels lol and i really hope i pass my test first time.

Anyway here she is

https://www.bikepics.com/members/soulsvrider/04sv650s/

Let me know what you think and if anyone has any advice and any do/donts on your test id be grate full

Cheers

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you booked your test prior to your lessons?!!

Bike looks nice, not sure on the yellow screen though. Good luck!
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry worded that wrong, booked my lessons before my test, works out 4 days straight, first 3 lessons and 4th the test.

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, but that screen is, just wrong Sick Have it off asap.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:57 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: New Bike, sv650 Reply with quote

SoulRider wrote:

Let me know what you think

Bet you don't want to know Razz.

Best advice for the test is to remain calm and focused, if something goes wrong, don't panic - though there's plenty of threads with lots more out there.

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 14:06 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell were they thinking with that screen? Sick

SV's rock, great first big bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

beatnck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:29 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice mate, i reckon i'll go for an sv after i pass my test. (when i finally get round to it! Wink )

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i like the screen, looks better in person as such.

been taking round a car park where my garage isg etting used to pulling away, hill starts, u-turns and indicating, safety glances etc so should all help i hope

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 17:52 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety glances. I think I might adopt that.

Most people call them lifesafers, but I much prefer safety glances, I may also rename indicators to caution winkies.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i call them lifesavers as well, just got a bit lost for words when i was typing that and couldnt really think what they were called.

But caution winkies sounds good to me

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:21 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice thats i what i was going to get but im not 22 yet and they wouldnt give me fianace

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Caution winkies" Laughing Thumbs Up

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

3806danny wrote:
nice thats i what i was going to get but im not 22 yet and they wouldnt give me fianace

I got a bank loan as their unsecured and alot lower apr, plus generally bank loans are the better ones to get

Bishbash
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTLEY B...E....A....utiful bike but I agree with the others, screen looks dodgy....get a blue doublebubble...That would look real cool.

Drooooooolllll!!! Laughing

Is it new??? and how much did it set ya back....I might get one(without a yellow screen).

Neil

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thumbs Up

second hand, 04 registerd but 03 model and got it for £2500 and is in perfect condition with loads of extras installed like the screen, d.i.d gold chain, carbon bar ends, led indicators, seat cowl and yoke protector plus has full service history and been really well looked after, 15,400 on the clock as well. Oh and the tyres were only 200 miles old bridgestone

Bishbash
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WHAT!!!! Its done 15000 miles.. It doesn't even look like its done 15.

Good deal man. Love the rear tail lights. Got yourself a corker.

Neil

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Thumbs Up

Had missed so many good ones because they went just out of my price, was looking on ebay as this was on by it now and in same town as me, so rang him up did hpi check and went to see it the same day. Was love at first sight and i wanted a pointy version 03 or above because of the rear lights, they are definatly the best part of the bike imo.

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee hee, I have had a ride of this bike!! and the pictures don't do the screen any favours atall, sounds sweet too. Smile
https://img335.imageshack.us/img335/645/im000732of7.jpg

Should also add, that everytime chris rode, the asphalt fairy hovered above and gave him guidance.
https://img350.imageshack.us/img350/6762/im000733tf1.jpg

Chris

So anyways I hope Mr X don't read this board (damn I can't name and shame him on teh intranet), but I went out with him yesterday and followed him around our local roads for about 20mins.

Basically Junctions are not his strong point yet, needs to stop and look, which will increase his life expectancy considerably. He actually done a stoppie at somepoint :o ....panick braked.

He corners ok, just needs to sort his braking out as he is leaving some of the braking quite late for a noob.

I know we all start somewhere but Jeez Louis.

Give us a buzz afterwork 2moz, I'll get out aboot 7.

Cluck cluck chicken

Last edited by CoronaBoner on 23:21 - 06 Sep 2006; edited 1 time in total

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL nicely worded, you did say you were worried as he didnt look comfortable on the bike, he needs somewhere quiet and just several hours non stop riding to get comftable, i think he might benefit from a days lesson to be honest.

Im sure in a few weeks he will be allright. Hopefully in a week and a bit i will be licensed then i can take her out on the roads. Yup will give you buzz around 7 as need to take diving gear to shop before getting picked up tonight, get picked up around 8:40 so we can get good hour or so before ive gotta shoot.

Fitting my locks to the garage this saturday and gotta ask coucil for permission again to install ground anchor, but hopefully as they approved it once they will again.

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: New Bike, sv650 Reply with quote

Schweet Smile

Did you get your brakes ordered and the lines?

Cluck cluck chicken

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the lines orderd, he should get the cheque today so hopefully they will be here soon, need to get to colin collins this weekend to get the pads but after that i need the money in my bank for the deposit on insurance Very Happy

Oh your pc parts should arrive tomorrow, hopefully have it built by saturday for you.

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh btw my uncle is taking me to the nec birmingham bike show in oct/nov as a kind of delayed 21st present, when i get some dates ill let you know so you can book tickets if you wanna come? Ill probably ride up there following my uncle as hes got sat nav in his van make sure we dont get lost that way.

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I still aint forgot what I owe ya for that btw.

I can pick up the pads from colins, maybe knebworth if you like? they can't cost that much.

May need to get some for mine aswell.

Cluck cluck chicken

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont mind, let me know how much they will be and ill get the cash out

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll phone saunders up tomorrow, Mine only cost around £30 and mine are 4 pot jobs, yours I can't see costing more than £20 unless you go for the fancy kevlalalala type ones.

Cluck cluck chicken
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2