Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

brewin vodka

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

bikerboy50cc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: brewin vodka Reply with quote

i am tryin 2 brew brew vodka using prohibition vodka kit but i have lost the instructions if any 1 has the instructions ill be in the debt if they post them plz pz help if u can

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:20 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll go blind.

Know what fusil oil is?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll go blind only if you don't distill it properly , if you brew it , you burn a sample of it , it it gives off a yellow flame don't drink it = blindness (like the hooky £3 bottles of vodka around mancs recently) ,

I think if it gives off a blue flame much like lighting the genie party trick I like doing now and again its safe (ie will only kill your brain cells normally!) , and the spoon you burn it in has no crappy deposits in the bottom.

My father was well known (late 60s) in Devon at brewing his own moonshine for his mates , and was almost constantly pissed when not working for pennies ! (since he worked in a kitchen he used ingredients from the guy he used to work for AND the gas to provide the heat).

My Grandad was too but he never touched his stuff and gave it to me granny who never went blind either.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wait I think I just realised the source of all the madness on my dad's side of the family,
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phill.c
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:24 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't mind doing this, cheap night out Laughing
anybody know what ingredients you need plus the process?

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the greif and risk of going blind I really wouldn't bother.

Why not brew some ale or something less volatile?

Arfdog
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:29 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to just chuckmsome mango puree into medical grade ethanol, and bango there you go. 99.87% or something like that pure alcohol, before the mango goes in.

difficult stuff to get though.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used to just chuckmsome mango puree into medical grade ethanol, and bango there you go. 99.87% or something like that pure alcohol, before the mango goes in.

Yes, I'm sure just a dash of mango puree, just enough to take the edge of it eh!

Arfdog
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:18 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

akaDAVE wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I'm sure just a dash of mango puree, just enough to take the edge of it eh!

It wasn't pleasant stuff. It was not something we did regularly, just once or twice for a laugh.

At my 19th birthday I fetched a lil bottle of ethanol from the garage where my dad kept it for cleaning the computer mouse, poured a shot into a shotglass, and tried to get a friend to down it. Luckily he refused until I'd done it. I necked it and it burnt my throat, badly, like never before. I'd drank 100% alcohol before, but it wasn't like this stuff. I drank loads of milk and stuck me fingers down my throat, had a quick puke, then grabbed a beer and got on with the party.

The next day, I found the ethanol bottle in the garage in a different cupboard, so I checked the usual cupboard i got it from the night before, and there it was also. So I asked my dad if he moved the ethanol, cos I found two bottles. He says he did, and asks why. I tell him I just cleaned the mouse with the stuff in the cupboard where the ethanol normally is.. He goes 'Christ!! wash it off, it'll melt the plastic! That's acetone, it's paint stripper!".

Stuck to beers after that, mostly.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:24 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also worth pointing out that if the customs and excise catch you distilling spirits, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Just in case anyone thought this was something you are allowed to do.

You can make vodka out of pretty much anything that will ferment although grain or potato are traditional. Make up a liquid mash of whatever you are going to ferment, add yeast and leave it in a bucket with a cloth over the top to ferment for a while. Drain off the liquid and run it through the still. You want roughly the 70 degree fraction.

Best to keep running it back through the still until you get all the fusil oil out. There are ways of asessing it's purity which escape me for the time being.

Homemade wine is much safer. You can get them up to 16% using modern strains of yeasts. I was famed for my mead (honey wine) when I was at college.

robboadd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:28 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

pwntifex
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, I've stepped into Pikeytown.

Arfdog
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:39 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwntifex wrote:
Good lord, I've stepped into Pikeytown.

You got a purty mouf.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not brew some ale or something less volatile

Some mates tryed beer.
Never worked. Done it all right to the instructions. But hell, I had to drink some of it. Sick
Never again and i think they wont either.
Home brewed Archers is really nice. I drink that stright! Thumbs Up

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:20 - 09 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arfdog wrote:
difficult stuff to get though.

Medical ethanol is hardly ever sold or used nowadays, except for very specific purposes and in small quantities. Surgical spirit, which is much more commonly available is doped with metanol and sometimes other chemicals to render it unfit for human consumption. Interestingly, there are reports of people consuming the alcohol gel provided in hospitals for hand sterilisation inspite of the manufacturers add some nasty tasting stuff to it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
It is also worth pointing out that if the customs and excise catch you distilling spirits, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

they key to not being caught is NOT to brag about it and refil old smirnoff bottles as to not arouse suspicion , as one day you'll piss off a mate who'll hang you dry and report you , but then thats what auto destruct systems are for,.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats all this about going blind???

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:30 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methanol, a common contaminant of moonshine, causes blindness. Interestingly, the treatment for methanol poisoning is giving the victim ethanol (alcohol).

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why when you brew 10 gallons of 'mash' and distill it down to say 6 gallons , you throw away the first gallon and the last gallon and
then stick it in your distilling device , then throw away the first litre and last litre and then stick it through the distilling machine again.

Then you burn it to check it out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1