Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Help me get well

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Dear Auntie BCF... by EuropeanNC30Rider (8 Sep 2006 - 15:06)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Help me get well Reply with quote

Well I've been suffering from head and neck pains for quite some time....

First off it started with headaches, then a few days later jaw pain, then a few weeks later, head, neck and jaw pain.

I've had my eyes tested and got glasses, also got a splint made up so I'm not grinding my teeth as bad when I'm sleeping but I find myself tensing up ALOT at the computer (8hrs a day at work) and even at home when I 'think' I'm relaxed.

I don't think my bike crash a few weeks back really helped this either.

Can anyone suggest alternative therapy's, medicine, herbal stuff, exercising etc anything if you have or know someone thats suffered something similar??

Started taking baths, trying more exercise but I really can't wind down after work.....caught myself tensing yesterday just washing the dishes....its sub conscious but I keep doing it.

I'm not stressed, no reason to be but feel up tight all the time...
I must also be tensing when I'm sleeping cuz I wake up feeling sore and it gets worse as the day goes on. Also causes dizzy spells, tiredness and by the time I get home all I want to do is crash out on the couch...

HELP!!
____________________
Old bikes >>> https://www.bikepics.com/members/cc123/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflexology. I had bad headaches and was always stressed a few years ago and my dad had a friend who was a reflexogolist, pain management. I went to his house one night with my dad and mentioned i had a headache and he done something on my hands and neck. I left that house floating and never had anouther headache for months. That was only after one session. Look into it i was impressed with the results. Thumbs Up
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is related to you sitting at a computer (which is possible) then go to your heath and safety person at work who should be able to provide you with a computer anti-glare screen and a special chair for your back and neck its your rights to be safe at work even if that means a bit of expense for the company.

Other things to consider is how old is your matress, an old matress can cause problems like that.

What kinda of jaw pain do you have could it be worth seeing a dentist? Sometimes pain in the mouth can cause pain in the neck and head.

Are your glands swollen?

And the other thing to check is blood pressure, caused my brother tiredness and dizzy spells for a while before he found out what it was.
What position do your feet sit at? (sounds silly but can have effects on your back leading right up through your spine into your head neck and jaw)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Trixie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your accident could have had an effect too.

I'd recommend a qualified masseuse, as it sounds like your problems seem to be muscular.

Get well soon! Thumbs Up
____________________
Dead nobodies in company cars...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat yourself - go to a spa. Get a nice massage from a sexy masseuse, have a sauna. Very Happy
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.45 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 46.27 Kb