Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is my bank account being ripped off?!...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:28 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Is my bank account being ripped off?!... Reply with quote

Just checked my bank account online and i think theres some dodgy goings on happening.

A few days ago, i noticed a new direct debit had been made in my account to a "KAUPTHING SFPF LTD".. i didn't recognise it, so i deleted the direct debit (think that would stop them taking money)

(Turns out they are a norwegian bank.)

Only to look today and find they took £35.70 out of my bank account today and then refunded it today as well.

My friend james seems to think someone is testing my account, to see if its live and if it has money in it before they clear it empty.

Any help/advice asap would be great.
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:32 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope.. phoning my 24/7 bank line atm

jay_666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Is my bank account being ripped off?!... Reply with quote

LewisD wrote:
My friend james seems to think someone is testing my account, to see if its live and if it has money in it before they clear it empty.

google has no links for 'KAUPTHING SFPF LTD' so i'd say your friend is correct...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze thats scary that could happen to anyone. Shocked How can they set up a DD without you authorising it?

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.kaupthing.net/ ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAUPTHING SINGER & FRIEDLANDER PREMIUM FINANCE

https://www.kaupthingsingers.co.uk/premiumfinance/

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:20 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats the one.

But i don't (And can't) have any finance on anything.
It was set up on the 8th of august apparently.

Bank can't help me at the moment as the department i need is closed atm.. so i've got to ring in the morning.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got internet banking with a pin and account number online?

sounds like someon has finance out in your name and i would like to know how they dont that as i would not like that happening to me.

LewisD
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:39 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i've got internet banking.. 'tis the only way i would've found out. hardly ever go to cash points / banks these days.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:04 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can get them details.I bank online also. My dad once took money out of my account for something that i was paying him cash for. He set up the dd and all. (he told me but he could have been anyone) any hacker i am sure can get into them accounts. Get to the bottom of it anyway.

Ninja
Caption Abuser

PostPosted: 10:07 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably just applied to the wrong account, hence why it was immediately reversed (by your bank themselves) ...

happens all the time.

Minky_monkey
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:24 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singer and Friedlander are a legit firm. We have our truck finance with them.

But as you say, talk to your bank.

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me your account & sort code and ill check it out for you Wink

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an extra precautionary measure, go to www.experian.co.uk For a small fee you can get a copy of your credit report. It gives you your credit status and also tells you what (if any) finance/loans/agreements you have - if there's anything suspicious on there you can root it out.

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixie wrote:
As an extra precautionary measure, go to www.experian.co.uk For a small fee you can get a copy of your credit report. It gives you your credit status and also tells you what (if any) finance/loans/agreements you have - if there's anything suspicious on there you can root it out.

its actually FREE at the moment Thumbs Up Cool

been using them for quite some time and recetntley recommend them to a few friends so bonus since it wont cost anything Thumbs Up

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh did mine, shows all names associated with you , which was quite interesting Smile

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother found paypal doing removing money from his account and replacing in soon after, its apparently some way of them making money, am not sure of the full details however but it is something else to consider or look into Rolling Eyes

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:38 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazz wrote:
My brother found paypal doing removing money from his account and replacing in soon after, its apparently some way of them making money, am not sure of the full details however but it is something else to consider or look into Rolling Eyes

thats to verify the acccount, as i got given 28p and 11p, but they never took it back! Very Happy

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was long after he had verified his account, he complained about it and refuses to use paypal now

karen1234500
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:18 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there
ive just typed in kaupthing sfpf ltd has it appears on my bank statement taking out £50 and up came this forum page just wondered how you have got on with your direct debit and how you sorted out has im quite worried about it. i have cancelled it now hope i can get my money back and this stops. is there any one else with the same problem. cheers

Bigz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:13 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: KAUPTHING SFPF LTD Reply with quote

Ok people, i just found this name on my statement also so done a quick invetigation.

I found out that its my motorbike insurance. I go through a broke who uses a company called - singer & freelander. They trade under that name KAUPTHING SFPF LTD, so when its taken out, its taken out under that name. If you check it, the amount taken out should coincide with your insurance premium.

Hope this clears it up. Call your insurers and ask them if they use a company called 'Singer and freelander'

Hope that helped.

Ciao!

Bigz

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:17 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:

its actually FREE at the moment Thumbs Up Cool

Remember to cancel before they start taking money out.

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 19:19 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it debited then credited your account is because you've cancelled the mandate... Companies apply to take a direct debit 5 working days before it actually leaves your account meaning that if you cancelled the mandate within the past week, it had already started to be processed. Hence it left, but as the mandate was no longer active it recredited!

I would be inclined to believe that it is more than likely your insurance premiums as said above, call your company and find out! When you pay up front for the year it's sorted out there and then, but when you pay in monthly premiums, a finance company normally stump up the full amount up front them you pay them back each month!

skeg
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:56 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same problem apparently its a finance firm that has changed its name, my car insurance is done through them, i called my bank and they are legit
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 166 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2