 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:28 - 09 Sep 2006 Post subject: 1394 Ethernet Vs USB LAN... |
 |
|
I had a mass of wires and tangle behind my desk, So ive unplugged everything, sorted out the wiring, and pluged it all back in.
Turned on PC and no internet. Not even a light on my Ethernet port.
So I Unplug from the 1394 connection and plug into the onboard Ethernet port.
Still, no connection but I have a light come on this time.
So I run system restore and plug back into the standard 1394 Connection.
Nothing...
Found a USB - Modem cable, So Ive pluged this in instead, and it works. Its got me online. But it dosent seem half as fast as it was.
Any ideas on how I can get my Ethernet conection working again. Ive ran the latest drivers and everything. Its saying its all installed and that. So I duno...
Strange....
Your going to ask because ive been playing around in the BIOS, And no, I havnt disabled the 1394 connection, its still enabled.
<|Ben|> |
|
 T1z3R World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
|
 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:46 - 09 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Telewest.
oh,
The 1394 bit is just what my mate said I was connected through.
Basically the Ethernet Card I have wont connect anymore, So Im having to connect using a USB cable to my modem. |
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
 T1z3R World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
|