Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


BF2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

cqueen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: BF2 Reply with quote

For some reason I haven't been promoted in over a year even though I play very regularly.

On the stat bar which says 'progress towards next rank' its completely full and has been for about 9 months!

Why aint I being promoted? I want new guns!

Could it be because I bought the spec forces add on? see I bought it on ea downloader, then my pc buggered up and I had to wipe it all, now I run just standard bf2 without the add on.

Ive tried downloading it again but when ea downloader installs it says :1607 runtime error or something Mad

Any help?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certain rank's have badges you must acheive before advancing, such as all the basic badges or all silvers and so on.

Quote:
* Rank: Gunnery Sergeant
* Score: 20,000
* Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge


Quote:
* Rank: Master Sergeant
* Score: 50,000
* Awards: Basic Armor Badge, Basic Transport Badge, Basic Helicopter Badge, Basic Aviator Badge, Basic Air Defense Badge, Basic Ground Defense Badge


Quote:
* Rank: Colonel
* Score: 180,000
* Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
* Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime


Quote:
* Rank: Brigadier General
* Score: 180,000
* Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
* Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime


Quote:
* Rank: Major General
* Score: 200,000
* Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime

____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RealNinja
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I just don't get this game Confused

I bought it about a year ago, but I just seem to get killed or wander about aimlessly and then get killed Sad Confused

I know I should be doing something and perhaps persevere with it, but to be honest, it is on the verge of being deleted from my HD.

My boss at work said that the way to play it is to get somone to show you how to play it (he's quite good anyway, but then he is an ex marine!)

Anybody like to hold my hand through a few games before it gets the big deletion in the sky?
____________________
You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres not much to get, join a game. Find a squad and join them. Then proceed to capture the spawn points or just defend them, using all of the available equipment you have. Laughing If you see the enemy, SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD. Laughing
____________________
Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RealNinja
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:34 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh that s where i'm going wrong then! I don't bother to find a squad (i'm used to playing CSS) I just go running off toward the biggest concentration of dots that I can find and shoot whenever I see something Rolling Eyes

More often than not though, I get shot before I get to the dots..... Embarassed
____________________
You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, css is totally different to bf2. I must admit, if your not playing with a group you know bf2 can get very frustrating very fast. Maybe join this server ? https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=93873
____________________
Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 51.14 Kb