Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

parking ticket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: parking ticket Reply with quote

got a letter today from westminster council, saying i got a parking ticket on my bike 2 months ago for parking in a residents bay. also says i had a notice to owner month ago and the opportunity to appeal has now passed.

says in big red letters "IT IS NOW TOO LATE TO CONTEST THE ISSUE OF THIS PENALTY NOTICE"

i didnt recieve a ticket, and i didnt recieve a notice to owner.

i was parked in a bay in a residents area on the day in question, but it just so happens that i have photographic evidence that the bay wasnt (and still isnt) marked as a residents bay, and the MET traffic warden i spoke too told me i could park there. so it must have been one of the council wardens who took my number.

whats the legal situation on this? i know the ticket is invalid as i did not commit the offence named on the ticket, but whats all this about "TOO LATE". Question

i suspect they are just being clever with the wording, it may be their policy that its too late, but there may be nothing stopping me contesting it on court. surely they cant impose a penalty for an offence that hasnt been comitted Question

anyone know the exact legal position, and can anyone offer any advice?

thanks.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:28 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

All the stuff and help you would ever need to not pay

Regards
Charlotte
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1