Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Concerning Speed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Walloper This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you on about? Question

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont go fast round corners i think?

makes sense i guess, youd crash otherwise,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:22 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Getting off with a speed camera prosecution on a technicality is not directly related to motorcylcing.

It is only relevent to evading the law.

Not big and not clever.

It is big and it is clever. It make politicians think about things through properly before passing a law and makes the police follow procedures instead of pleasing themselves.

It is not evading the law, it is avoiding the law. Big difference.

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be a cold day in hell before a politician thinks something over properly. As far as I can see they think about how they can benefit from it, how much publicity they can make from it and to hell with how it will affect joe public. Rolling Eyes

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:17 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owdamer wrote:

He lost the argument here...
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=93879

so....

He thought he would start again...

Brick Wall Tut Tut Tut Tut Brick Wall

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
Getting off with a speed camera

You love GATSOs and TRUVELOs a little too much.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro-Man wrote:
Owdamer wrote:

He lost the argument here...
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=93879

so....

He thought he would start again...

Brick Wall Tut Tut Tut Tut Brick Wall

I should have known, girls are always the best at casting things up.... Laughing

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:17 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK-stop being a gay.
everyone is against you on this issue.
and anyway-bikes are meant for speed and cornering.
just shuttup man!
Walloper This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Walloper wrote:

Getting off with a speed camera prosecution on a technicality is not directly related to motorcylcing.

Not big and not clever.

It is big and it is clever. It make politicians think about things through properly before passing a law and makes the police follow procedures instead of pleasing themselves.

It is not evading the law, it is avoiding the law. Big difference.

...............And attending party meetings, and voting for the correct MPs makes them think also.

I know that someone once said,
'Laws are challenged/changed by breaking and defending succesfully against un-sound law.'

But the fact is overspeeding is a major common factor in road traffic accidents.

(Which you will find are no longer referred to as accidents.)

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

you missed a bit out of your statement there.. I added it back in again for completeness...

Walloper wrote:
But the fact is overspeeding is a major common factor in around 5% of road traffic accidents.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

feef wrote:
you missed a bit out of your statement there.. I added it back in again for completeness...

Walloper wrote:
But the fact is overspeeding is a major common factor in around 5% of road traffic accidents.

Ta. Thumbs Up Laughing

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 15:02 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
I like speed limits. GATSOS TRUVELOS and things of such nature.

Sorry Graham but I think you've finally lost your marbles.

Off to the home we go..... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Walloper wrote:

Sorry Graham but I think you've finally lost your marbles.

Off to the home we go..... Laughing

It's the new religion.. Laughing

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 15:15 - 18 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.3% of accidents were caused primarily by excessive speed, reported The British Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) in 2002.

The UK Government claims that 1 in 3 accidents is speed related. However, it classes the following causes of accidents as speed related: excessive speed, failure to judge other person’s path or speed, following too close, slippery road, in a hurry, aggressive driving, weather and other.

An AA survey has identified 173 miles of the most dangerous roads in the UK. Strangely only 4 out of the 5000 cameras in the country are located on these killer roads.

michaelryland
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:10 - 19 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like speed limits

Saying this, you guaranteed to get bad karma. Smile

meenie
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:34 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve not been using this forum for long but have found 99.9% of the posts interesting and the people seem knowledgeable about most aspects of motorcycle riding, the principles off and even maintenance of machines.

However, there is one who seems to be woefully ill-informed about certain aspects of the speed cameras.

I agree that speeding in the wrong areas is wrong, however, I do not believe (and I would hazard a guess that most people would agree with me) that GATSO camera’s etc are not an effective way of reducing speeding on the road or indeed they do anything in reducing the amount of accidents that occur on Britain’s roads everyday. If you read this article it states that one camera made £1.2 million in fines between May and November last year. How does that relate to a reduction in speed on the roads? (That’s 20,000 people by the way caught on one camera). I am not condoning it by any means as it was set up in roadwork’s where speed must be reduced to avoid accidents to workers.

“Dave Gollicker, spokesman for the Avon and Somerset Safety Camera Partnership, defended their installation, …. Speaking to the Guardian, he also hit back at claims speed cameras were simply installed to raise money. He insisted: "They are there to protect the workforce and the motorist."”

How are they protecting the workforce? If they were then why have 20,000 people been caught? It’s clearly NOT working as a deterrent and the workforce are in as much danger as they were without it!

What we need is more Police on the roads, not yellow boxes that hand out fines. We need people that talk to others and inform them of the error of their ways. Remember that a camera costs around £40,000, thats wages for two Police officers for a year (in their first year). GATSO's are a police substitute that makes money instead of costing it. (Cambs Police Figures)

In response to another post (“Getting off with a speed camera prosecution on a technicality is not directly related to motorcylcing(sic).”). Actually the post is not about that at all. It’s about the right to a “fair trial” in the UK. How would you feel if you were arrested for a crime, then told to sign a piece of paper (without them reading you your rights) and tried and convicted, all without you ever saying anything, and if you do say anything then the punishment increasing? That is what the original post was about, points of Law and following it as it should be in a democratic country, not getting away with it.

I would suggest you read a little more into posts before replying with uninformed facts.

Remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone’s got one. Base opinions on fact rather than what you think is right. If you dislike other peoples opinions so regularly, why bother posting on this forum anyway?

Your sig is correct
"98% of my posting is drivel. It's the 1.5% that's usefull to you. " the final 0.5% from what I can see is complete nonsense. Your mathematics are about as good as your constuction of a valid forum post.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

meenie wrote:
I’ve not been using this forum for long but have found 99.9% of the posts interesting and the people seem knowledgeable about most aspects of motorcycle riding, the principles off and even maintenance of machines.

However, there is one who seems to be woefully ill-informed about certain aspects of the speed cameras.

I agree that speeding in the wrong areas is wrong, however, I do not believe (and I would hazard a guess that most people would agree with me) that GATSO camera’s etc are not an effective way of reducing speeding on the road or indeed they do anything in reducing the amount of accidents that occur on Britain’s roads everyday. If you read this article it states that one camera made £1.2 million in fines between May and November last year. How does that relate to a reduction in speed on the roads? (That’s 20,000 people by the way caught on one camera). I am not condoning it by any means as it was set up in roadwork’s where speed must be reduced to avoid accidents to workers.

“Dave Gollicker, spokesman for the Avon and Somerset Safety Camera Partnership, defended their installation, …. Speaking to the Guardian, he also hit back at claims speed cameras were simply installed to raise money. He insisted: "They are there to protect the workforce and the motorist."”

How are they protecting the workforce? If they were then why have 20,000 people been caught? It’s clearly NOT working as a deterrent and the workforce are in as much danger as they were without it!

What we need is more Police on the roads, not yellow boxes that hand out fines. We need people that talk to others and inform them of the error of their ways. Remember that a camera costs around £40,000, thats wages for two Police officers for a year (in their first year). GATSO's are a police substitute that makes money instead of costing it. (Cambs Police Figures)

In response to another post (“Getting off with a speed camera prosecution on a technicality is not directly related to motorcylcing(sic).”). Actually the post is not about that at all. It’s about the right to a “fair trial” in the UK. How would you feel if you were arrested for a crime, then told to sign a piece of paper (without them reading you your rights) and tried and convicted, all without you ever saying anything, and if you do say anything then the punishment increasing? That is what the original post was about, points of Law and following it as it should be in a democratic country, not getting away with it.

I would suggest you read a little more into posts before replying with uninformed facts.

Remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone’s got one. Base opinions on fact rather than what you think is right. If you dislike other peoples opinions so regularly, why bother posting on this forum anyway?

Your sig is correct
"98% of my posting is drivel. It's the 1.5% that's usefull to you. " the final 0.5% from what I can see is complete nonsense. Your mathematics are about as good as your constuction of a valid forum post.

How did I miss that?

So you think you are right?

Fair enough.

I bet I can sustantiate every word of every post with 'FACT & FIGURE'.

The difficulty in deciding what to make of things in life is how one interprets them.

The speeding issue has been with us since the very first Automobiles were used on our roads.
We have always been complaining about Law and Speeding.
Nothing has been done to prevent the offence from happening.
It's NOT the politicians OR the speed cameras who break the law
It is FACT not FICTION that it is PEOPLE who are breaking the Laws.

Solution:

Do NOT break the law.
(or do NOT get CAUGHT if you do.)

And for your information, the forum is for disscusion of motor cycling issues firstly. Not Points of Law. We do that in Court in this country. And take time out from life at Uni learning to understand the structures of that law.

I try to get the seplling and the grammir write.

The Construction, Validity mere Poetic License Sugar.

Were you abso-fcukin-lootley Blazin' Mad posting that?

Good!!! Laughing Razz Thumbs Up Laughing Twisted Evil Confused Razz Shocked Wink Arrow

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 22:17 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Och it was quiet on the forum..... Laughing

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 06 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Not big and not clever.

But....

Are you instructor? I sometimes wonder whether instructor always keep speedlimit or not.

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:50 - 06 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

every instructor speeds

Mockey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:49 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Not big and not clever.

But....

From reading your posts you kind of remind me of this guy...

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Concerning Speed Reply with quote

Mockey wrote:

From reading your posts you kind of remind me of this guy...

I believe this is they guy you mean...

https://www.reddwarf.co.uk/deck06/images/image_bank/5-4l.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 176 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3