Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fog City visor ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Fog City visor ? Reply with quote

Hey guys

I need a dark visor for my arai signet helmet. Im thinking about the arai Fogcity amber visor .... anyone know anything about them ? ie. good/bad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I thought we were'nt allowed to wear tinted visors becuse were thick as shit (according to the gouvernment enqury) and we wouldnt be able to take em off at night.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

And we never break the LAW do we......... Laughing

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm no ive never broken the law Rolling Eyes except for the time i went 70 mph in a 30 and the other time when....... ok I suppose you r right, fuck the gouvernment if i wnat to blind myself i will, and as for wearing one of those flouesent staps accross your jacket.... why i oghter Evil or Very Mad

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: hehe, never Reply with quote

Nope never, I cant take the glare going to work in the mornings, I can see less with the sun in my eyes than I would with a black visor on at night ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: Fog city Reply with quote

Rjuch wrote:
Im thinking about the arai Fogcity amber visor

Do you mean the stick in fog city that has a tint to it. My dad has one on his. Perfectly legal because you can remove it 'if' it turns dark, so the old bill cant try and take it off you.

Having said that i have had an iridium visor for some time now and police have seen me with it on loads of times but they dont seem to care...and rightly so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture, I like the amber one.

https://www.phoenixnw.co.uk/fogcity.html

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:56 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Visor Reply with quote

Does the Fogcity visor tend to fog up when in the city? Smile

PostPosted: 14:58 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: visors Reply with quote

Well last summer me and a mate was out riding when we went past a layby full of rozzers. They stopped us and a copper came over and explained that they were stopping all the bikers they saw to explain the "safety issues" involved in wearing tinted visors etc.
Evil or Very Mad What a load of wank. In fact the copper took more notice of my 'smaller than normal' numberplate than my mates race-black visor.

My view: Do what you think is right and fuck em Very Happy

BTW visor inserts, even tinted ones are all legal.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: Stickin visors Reply with quote

Your very right Kris...My mistake

Message deleted

Last edited by Phil. on 00:12 - 13 Feb 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone know if 50% + visors will ever be made leagal again Crying or Very sad
Luke

PS Summy: Saw your pictures on the website, very nice, Smile the bike looked good aswell. Laughing lol

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: wait up Reply with quote

Summy read that post again.......it says LEGAL Wink
I know theyre legal, cos a copper told me.

PostPosted: 18:24 - 12 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the maximum penalty for getting caught wearing a tinted visor?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:41 - 13 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuk it, they're not gonna bust you unless you rip the piss outta it, if you wear a tinted visor on a really sunny day they'll not bother, its only if ur wearin one on a dark evening or somethin.

Just use ur common sense and you should b alrite!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1