BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Tis a sad day; 97bhp > 33bhp

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 20:33 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do they know they make the bike 33BHP?

I mean just putting in smaller washers wont make every bike excatlly 33bhp?

And what about FI bikes? What do they do for them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:06 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they make the holes in the washers different sizes for each bike. Rolling Eyes

Your bike might be "pulling" up to 8k, but nothing it will do when they are taken out. It seriously houses a new lease of life on a 600.

I thought exactly the same as you when I first rode my restricted bandit, I had just come off a 50cc and it felt really powerful. Give it a year and you will want more. De restricting does that and more. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:03 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
chris-red wrote:
The restrictor on my speed four is diffrent it actually limits the throttle movement, I only have 3rd throttle Sad

Surely thats bloody dangerous?

Take it out for christ's sake Shocked

It is, horrible experience i tell you!
100% throttle = 100% controll of you ask me!
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 11:40 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
That's why they make the holes in the washers different sizes for each bike. Rolling Eyes

Only different depending on engine layout. IIRC.

I think you'll find the holes to restrict a TL1000 and an RGV250 are the same.

Obviously they'll have to be different for single, triple and four cylinder bikes.

Gaz

KTM Gordo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:45 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do, don't de-restrict your 'bike if you're on a restricted licence! Should the worst happen and VOSA inspect your 'bike, you'll find yourself in all kinds of trouble.

Driving without a licence and insurance springs to mind...

Yes it's a nuisence, but you know the score before you take your test.

Besides, two years isn't all that long and from experience, it's not how powerful your 'bike is that matters, it's how you ride it. I know people who've done trackdays on a restricted 'bike and overtaken non-restricted 'bikes with ease.

HTH Smile

KTM 990 Adventure | KTM EXC 250 Racing | Land Rover Freelander SE Td4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 11:53 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM Gordo wrote:

Besides, two years isn't all that long and from experience, it's not how powerful your 'bike is that matters, it's how you ride it. I know people who've done trackdays on a restricted 'bike and overtaken non-restricted 'bikes with ease.

HTH Smile

I think you'll be hard pushed to find many people who've kept restrictors in for 2 years.

Mine were in for 6 months. Granted power isn't everything, and I've pwned sportsbikes on an 18bhp MZ on 3 different tracks but if you're on a bike that you know can have 150% more power, it's hard to ignore that.

I also know a mate who was done for no restrictors, he just got 3 points as a fixed penalty. (He admitted it to a copper who asked him if it was restricted).

I agree to stay 100% safe it's best to keep them in, but I very much doubt even 25% of people do.

Gaz

KTM Gordo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:21 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
I agree to stay 100% safe it's best to keep them in, but I very much doubt even 25% of people do.

It's nothing to do with safety, and if you think you'll ever be 100% safe on a 'bike you're mistaken.

The restriction is there to reduce the chances of the rider getting in to a situation where they've got too much power and not enough time to deal with the situation.

Most motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents - in other words the rider was going too fast for their ability.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 12:29 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

I meant safe from police attention/prosecution.

Gaz

KTM Gordo
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:24 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, safe from prosecution. I stand corrected.

Very Happy

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2