Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bus lane consultation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:17 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Bus lane consultation Reply with quote

Hi

This might interest a few people:-

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/tyburnroad.bcc

Bus lane has been suspended while the M6 is a mess. They are doing a survey as to whether it should be put back in place as the suspension of the bus lane seems to have improved journey times (and there must be a fair amount extra traffic using it while the road works on the M6 hasve screwed up the Spaghetti Junction exit).

All the best

Keith

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gone near the M6 yet... would be interesting to see what others that drive around that area would think though.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 19:54 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL bus lanes should be open to bikers. if there's a bus in there or not, i'm still going to filter if the traffic is slow. If there's a bus in there, i won't get done, if there isn't, and i use the extra space to improve my visibility and safety, i would get bollocked. It's an absolutely senseless system to not allow us to use the bus lanes.

Good find, Keith Thumbs Up

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:17 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally I think 99% of bus lanes should be open to everyone to use. Hardly like there are many people on buses.

All the best

Keith

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite agree with you there. In lea green in StHelens, there are two bus lanes running along side sherdley park. Never once have i seen buses in them (with exception to when the fair was on).

they're a waste of paint, time, metal and money.

Jack
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1