Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Adjustable rear sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm just interested on the views from people who have adjustable rear sets on their bikes.

I've always thought I'd be more comfortable and in a better riding position if I could move my footpegs back a bit. Now, I know rearsets usually result in a more cramped position due to them usually being higher but I've seen some rather fetching Arata ones that are only a fraction higher but adjustable backwards and forwards.

What are your experiences with them?

Cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

I'd like to know wether or not sets like those made my gilles, have provision for a brake light switch Thumbs Up
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
I'd like to know wether or not sets like those made my gilles, have provision for a brake light switch Thumbs Up


Have a look on the website or a retailer and it will say - I know the Arata ones do and look damn tasty Wink

https://www.fasterbydesign.co.uk/prodhuge/zx605rs1.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

Had them on a few bikes, never bothered to adjust them, though Smile.

Although it's more cramped, I do prefer a 'rear set' peg, so was happy to leave those on my ZX9 fully rear set.

Worth considering is the adjust plates you get for standard foot pegs - cost less and give you a decent range of movement without (even more) expensive metal to break.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

G wrote:
Worth considering is the adjust plates you get for standard foot pegs - cost less and give you a decent range of movement without (even more) expensive metal to break.


Cheers G, didn't know about those Thumbs Up

I'm definately going to have to do something as these new fangled bikes aren't really meant for the 6 foot + amongst us.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Adjustable rear sets Reply with quote

This sort of thing...
https://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=ER
(Doesn't look like they do them for your bike, but worth a call and other places might.)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
I have Gilles on my bike, adjusted to the furthest back & up position, and they cause no discomfort (I'm 6'5"). They also take the rear brake light switch ok.


Actually Siggi, it was seeing yours that made me think about this. And riding behind you I was looking at your leg and foot position and it looked much more comfortable and more natural than on mine as yours looked further back.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ve got harris ones on the fireblade, had to put them right forward as other wise taking a pillion was painfull due to the postion and the way l had to support the weight with my arms.
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had fixed Valter Moto rearsets on my GSXR when I bought it. I didn't like the position and put the stock set back on, which I'm much more comfortable with. The stock ones also fold which is a bonus when navigating heavy traffic (if I have to stab a foot down I don't want my calf muscles gouged because the footpeg won't bend).

My rearsets are currently on eBay, with a £10 start and no reserve. If anyone here wins them, PM me and I'll remove the pressure-switch banjo and revert to the stock switch saving another £10.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.25 Sec - Server Load: 0.42 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 60.45 Kb