Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sick leave

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Sick leave Reply with quote

I have a dilemma as usual.

I have just taken three days off due to a throat and chest infection, i feel a lot better then i did on Tuesday when i was at work but here's the question im putting to you all.........

Do i go back to work tomorrow?

OR

Do i take the rest of my working week off and enjoy the weekend?

Im not someone who would take time off just for the hell of it but i just don't fancy going back just yet.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crash125
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the time off until you are fully better. I had the flu a couple of weeks back and had to take time off, went back thinking i was feeling better and passed out half way through my shift and got sent home. I should have stayed in bed that day Rolling Eyes

What do you work as?
____________________
*SV650s* 7th time lucky, finaly passed me DAS Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay off the whole week. Pointless going back for 1 or 2 days.
I work in the Kitchen, for obvious reasons any upset tums, coughs colds are not welcome and you must ring in sick 3 hours before your shift.
I do this, every other fucker is ill and I had to go in. How I moaned for hours Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a bus driver, so i probably caught whatever i got off a member of the public.

And as i am responsible for their safety i suppose it would be better if i take the rest of the week off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
I would stay off the whole week. Pointless going back for 1 or 2 days.
I work in the Kitchen, for obvious reasons any upset tums, coughs colds are not welcome and you must ring in sick 3 hours before your shift.
I do this, every other fucker is ill and I had to go in. How I moaned for hours Laughing


Where do you work? I work at Maccyd's and when I phone in sick (genuinely sick) I still have to go in. Normally I will passout on my break and get sent home.

Once I said I was ill and they made me come in and put me on litter and maintenance. I was in the back yard when I passed out in a cage full of cardboard and no one noticed for two hours. I got sent home and took another three days off.
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a Fullers pub in Portsmouth. My last boss, she was a beast to get around if you was sick.
Since the new couple took over Daren rings in with the shits at least once a week. Proper piss take, when Im poorly, im poorly and sometimes drag myself to work just to show im not telling tales.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crash125
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

beast rider wrote:
Im a bus driver, so i probably caught whatever i got off a member of the public.

And as i am responsible for their safety i suppose it would be better if i take the rest of the week off.


Its best to take the time off as you might not realise it but when you are ill, even with something as simple as the cold it affects your judgement and reaction times.
____________________
*SV650s* 7th time lucky, finaly passed me DAS Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomkapsalis wrote:


Once I said I was ill and they made me come in and put me on litter and maintenance. I was in the back yard when I passed out in a cage full of cardboard and no one noticed for two hours. I got sent home and took another three days off.



That made me laugh Laughing
____________________
Now owner of a 1200 Bandit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
tomkapsalis wrote:


Once I said I was ill and they made me come in and put me on litter and maintenance. I was in the back yard when I passed out in a cage full of cardboard and no one noticed for two hours. I got sent home and took another three days off.



That made me laugh Laughing


Seriously I was chucking bags in the bin, felt dizzy and passed out on the cardboard cage and because we were really busy no-one was out there for ages.
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 06 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same dillema whether to go back to work or stay off for a few more days, I am going to go back however while I'm still on the pain medication in the hope that it makes work more interesting (and I hate having time off work, would prefer to be working than to be at home)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 06 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, i decided to take the rest of the week off but i wish i had gone back now as im bored out of my brain Evil or Very Mad

There is absolutely nothing to watch on daytime tv!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Crash125
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:07 - 06 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

beast rider wrote:
I know what you mean, i decided to take the rest of the week off but i wish i had gone back now as im bored out of my brain Evil or Very Mad

There is absolutely nothing to watch on daytime tv!


tell me about it, I got signed off from work about week ago as I have infected eczema on the back of my hands. I am a nurse so it was classed as an infection control risk. Day time TV sucks, everyone else i know is at work, i dont feel physically ill so being stuck in the house is driving me up the wall, my house has never been so clean Shocked
____________________
*SV650s* 7th time lucky, finaly passed me DAS Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.27 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 74.88 Kb