Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Growling stomach

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:42 - 21 Oct 2006    Post subject: Growling stomach Reply with quote

I've found over the last few weeks my stomach has been growling loads, always in the morning when I wake up but I'm not out of bed; at least that's when I hear it. It will growl frequently and last as long as 20 seconds. Confused

My diet has changed recently as I moved out to university. I'm not eating as much, generally having 1 meal a day and a few slices of toast, but I can't attribute these noises to hunger because I'm not hungry when I hear them. My diet at the moment involves a lot of carbs (rice and pasta) and probably not enough fibre (not much fruit or veg, white bread) - I'm thinking it could be this. I don't think it's alcohol related as I haven't drunk much for the last 10 days or so and it hasn't gotten better or worse.

I've already gotten medical advice and they weren't a great help, just said to come back if I start getting abdominal pain as it could be an intestinal blockage, but it's not hurting and hasn't yet, so I highly doubt it's that.

Just looking for any advice based on experience. Mr. Green Cheers.

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:01 - 21 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will settle down in a few weeks.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 12:46 - 21 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be that you are not drinking enough water. The thirst mechanism feels the same as hunger pangs - part of my recent weight loss is down to the simple fact that if I felt hungry, I'd drink a glass of water. If I'm still hungry 15 minutes later, then I really am hungry. Majority of the time the hunger pangs went away.

Also, when you think about food your body starts the digestive process off, so even if you are not hungry, just thinking about it can set your stomach going. Try it - start thinking about the taste of lemons, and your mouth will start watering.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 21 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why would not drinking enough water cause my digestive system to go into overdrive?

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 19:48 - 21 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because your water intake has a direct effect on your metabolism!

Res

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:46 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stomach's a bit gay at the moment, i'll eat a meal and about an hour later i'll be hungry again so go for more.

I think i've got worms again, little fuckers have already invaded me once before!

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...worms...nice...! And you've had them before...nice! Laughing

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:49 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said nice three times in two sentences....they say ignorance is bliss but erm why do that?!

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cos I couldnt summon up the expressions I really wanted to use, Like eeurrgh, euwwwww, bleugh...had a minor mental block back then... its okay, its all cleared again now!

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:56 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Nothing wrong with worms, it's just that the little bastards just got a free meal of grilled chicken and chips!

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 22 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually used to collect worms as a kid. I had this tin bath full of compost and every single worm I found over the course of 4 years got put into this bath.

Thinking back, it must have been worm hell - a mass grave...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1