Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Any classic car afficionadoes?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 23 Oct 2006    Post subject: Any classic car afficionadoes? Reply with quote

Random question for you lot. I bought an MGB GT a few years ago, intended to do some work on it, it never happened.

It's a 1977 rubber bumper model, however it has an overdrive gearbox (working when yanked off the road) and a full set (four +spare) of Cobra "Superslot" alloys. It was running when bought, but sadly has been standing for three or four years now and the bodywork is pretty much dead (sound chassis though, it's mainly drivers door and sills that have perished). Upshot is I'm looking to sell it on Ebay or suchlike, but I have no idea of what it's worth if anything. I know the overdrive alone sells for a couple of hundred.

Given that it's not a chrome bumper model and the size of the project it would be to restore, anyone have any rough ideas its value as a donor car?
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:04 - 23 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask on www.retrocarclub.co.uk

They should be able to help you out - some of them are totally nuts and will give you some ideas Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fran
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 23 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ive just been working on my old Opel Kadett. Its a 78 model, and is in good nick considering, here some piccys to see the fun I been mostly having today!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.fotothing.com/photos/c1c/c1cf486a23252adc4c323feab782a4fe.jpg?ts=1161627664

https://www.fotothing.com/photos/b0f/b0f040463bb938f47f5c98c79b263a93.jpg?ts=1161628333

https://www.fotothing.com/photos/18e/18ed27ecbbe77c789ba9b69d0296d98a.jpg?ts=1161628350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 23 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 1970 Viva with rusty front wings, they are a pig to find, so it looks like it'll have to be fibreglass Mad
____________________
Bikes: too many, too much for one man to maintain anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:43 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRAN, looks like you've had the 'Tetrosyl' mig out Laughing Laughing

Slonk it up hun.. Laughing Laughing

Love classics, awesome. Had my share of rot boxes and my share of tasty specimens too. I like my Yank tanks and retro Fords.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fran
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:27 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha Yeah slap it on for a perfick weld ever time lol

Nah its welding day tomorrow, for the front end, then I have to life the back for some plates on the underneath of the sills! better not set me fuckin hair on fire or I'll blow the shed up in fury hahahaha Twisted Evil Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cannon
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:17 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I prefer the older motors too.
Used to own 2 classics BMW's including a very tasty M535i but I was sooo paranoid over it I ended up selling it. Sad
____________________
Staffs Riders Forum
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.16 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.62 Kb