Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Restricted emergency vehicle access...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

J.K.R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 23 Oct 2006    Post subject: Restricted emergency vehicle access... Reply with quote

Over the past year or so the top of my road (used to be a warehouse) got demolished and houses were 'erected'

The people that stay in them well, I reckon theyre lower working class (no disrespect!) as there are quite a few knocked up transits and cars cluttering up the road, engines in driveways etc...

The road isnt finished yet, one side has the houses and multiple vehicles and the other is fenced off, getting worked for more houses. The road itself is about 2 cars wide, Now my problem:

In the evening, The road mainly has the cars and vans on the house side, but at the bottom there has been a few extra vans (a large tipper lorry thing last night!) parked at the bottom...

My mate came down in his van (was collecting a bike from down south) and had quite a slow negotiation past the vehicles at the bottom.

My main concern is should something like an ambulance or fire engine need to find its way to my house or the other 2 (there are a few garages aswell) it would have great difficulty or no success in getting by the parked vehicles...

Who could i contact about this?

Another thing, The people just about always come down and turn at this end - Its quite annoying and a bit worrying - guys driving transits slowly past my house and my bikes are in view occasionally Crying or Very sad Dont suppose i can do much about them turning down here though?

Thanks for reading it all (bit boring i know) but its a tad worrying...

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i tried so hard to work out what exactly you wanted.

If people are annoying you, go to them and ask them to stop, nicely at first...

Tommy
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:14 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Restricted emergency vehicle access... Reply with quote

jar_lod wrote:
My main concern is should something like an ambulance or fire engine need to find its way to my house or the other 2 (there are a few garages aswell) it would have great difficulty or no success in getting by the parked vehicles...

Just hope the Fire Service turn up first (the usually do) they'll make their own path Wink

jar_lod wrote:

Who could i contact about this?

Council I imagine.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:32 - 24 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or go down to your local fire station and ask them. The're sat around bored a lot of the time.

As Tommy said. If the fire brigade need access in an emergency, a couple of transit vans aren't going to slow them down much. Consider a normal fire engine weighs in at 13 tonnes (and carries 1,800 litres of water), has 4x2 rear wheel drive and is powered by a 6 cylinder 250 BHP turbocharged diesel engine.

This is why you should always be carefull not to park your car over a fire hydrant. In an emergency, it will be 'moved', quickly and using the equipment to hand (ie. the fire engine).

scoota bk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:26 - 30 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this thread, and it was actually me in the van who had to on several occasions negotiate the clutter on the road. It was a VERY tight squeze at one point, but was JUST passible.

The people in the houses are tinkers, but with a fixed abode. All the vans/trucks have stuff like "Ace Paving" and "A1 Driveways" on the side, with at most a mobile phone number as contact info. The sort of thing Matt Allwright is used to chasing about. Wouldn't really want to approach them either as they don't look like a friendly bunch. One of the times they were blocking the road changing a wheel Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Jake as said see what your local fire brigade have to say, or pay a local ned 1/2 a buckfast to drive some clapped out sierra as fast as they can down the street Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1