Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Define happiness

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Define happiness Reply with quote

As per the topic ,

lots of people say I should be happy , I've a roof over me head , food , a job enough money to ride , etc but somehow I feel empty inside , though that might just be the multiple pints of fosters talking and me fizzing down on the melancholy stage of drinking.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Joe?
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

happiness is a state that is subjective to the individual.

eg you can be in a party where everybody is happy, chatty and generally in a good mood and smiley - but you feel so alone.

Happiness is what you want in life or out of life.

So happiness cannot be a certain thing for all people.

therefore being impossible to define - generally speaking

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to change this slightly , what is YOUR definition of happiness?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:18 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Define happiness Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
As per the topic ,

lots of people say I should be happy , I've a roof over me head , food , a job enough money to ride , etc but somehow I feel empty inside , though that might just be the multiple pints of fosters talking and me fizzing down on the melancholy stage of drinking.

Ditto, minus the fosters inside, can't afford it... Razz

Quote:
eg you can be in a party where everybody is happy, chatty and generally in a good mood and smiley - but you feel so alone.

so true... although i'm generally happy until i leave then spent the rest of the waking hours feeling alone and generally shite :'(.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:45 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Define happiness Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Define happiness

A forum where I don't experience any members that makes me want to slit my wrists after reading their over-informative, depressing, predictable "pwned 2 sv's today" posts.

IMO of course. Neutral

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:04 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happiness =

Good health
Sunshine
Love

hellkat
one of them damn hippy types

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me im only truelly happy when i have the following.

My Health
My family and friends
My Bike
A girlfriend who makes me happy.

I now have them all again.

Im most happy when im knocking the missus up from behind Thumbs Up Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:16 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Define happiness Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
depressing, predictable "pwned 2 sv's today" posts.

Get a bike that doesn't get 'pwned' so much then Wink.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, again! Razz )

Erm, on the subject, well, suppose it's when I 'feel' happy.
I don't need a definition or a list of checks before I can feel happy - it just happens*.

For instance, I may generally dislike a lot of things in life, but have a really good session on track and come back happy about it.

(*Maybe not very often, but that's another matter!)

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Define happiness Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
As per the topic ,

lots of people say I should be happy... somehow I feel empty inside

Can't resist!

All of it.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I can laugh, and mean it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Define happiness Reply with quote

moi emo? , you must be kidding , I've just come to a bit of a plateau and got to thinking shit there must be more to life than my current lot , but then I do go off on odd tangents when I get pissed and am left alone during the melanchony stage.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:35 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being dealt Ace's Wink

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy mate. I wouldn't worry. I get exactly the same. I think it's to do with modern life, and the fact that we have almost everything we need. The better off you get, the more unhappy you become(within reason). The happiest I have seen any person was on one of those Comic relief programmes, where some old bloke in Africa somewhere got built a corrugated iron hut, with somewhere to sleep that wasn't on the ground. And somewhere to hang his stuff. He was overwhelmed with gratitude and happiness.

(it doesn't help that you have a shit bike either Wink )

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 20:57 - 28 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happiness = No "Dear Auntie BCF" / Itchy / dransy / bwfc4eva86.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:37 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me happiness is dependant upon my contentment at that particular time....

Content in myself with my "lot in life".

Been content since met my fab fella, was reasonably content with last job, but new job much better, everything else was ok, so really suppose it boils down to being content rather than happy "mad laughing happy"!!

Although being with someone that makes you laugh no matter how shit a day you've had makes a huge difference.

Contentment......being happy and enjoying what you have = makes me happy.

Very Happy

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 02:48 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicking back with a Monte No.4 and a good whisky.

camby
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 04:09 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

as was previously said, banging the bird from behind. but I know what you meen.

I get the feeling alot of the time when I just say to myself what the Fuc* am I doing with my life. I wish I had more I wish I was rich I wish i could go travelling.
But thats just who I am, im a dreamer, its when the dreams happen that makes me feel happy, happyness is a diffrent thing for each person, where one person may be happy if they got a pay rise, I would be happy if I got a day off work Laughing
where one person is happy having sex with there gf/bf I would be happy having a 3some LaughingLaughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:03 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two quotes for you;

Happiness is wanting what you have not having what you want...

To be stupid, selfish and healthy are the 3 requirements of happiness, but if stupidity is missing - all is lost...

Me personally, well im only happy when im buried hip deep in an attractive girl or doing very very naughty things on the bike with loud music (and even they arent working that much for me now).

I guess the problem is, the smarter you are the more you turn everything in your life to shit. Theres a member on this forum i believe to have almost a 'perfect' life, but im sure (as hes quite a sharp guy) he's torn it all to pieces in his head at some time or another.

I guess i just want to find someone who makes me happy, turn off my grass is greener logic, and start enjoying relationships.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://perso.numericable.fr/~ariseric/bock/uk/hamlet.jpg
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Knight wrote:
https://perso.numericable.fr/~ariseric/bock/uk/hamlet.jpg

Strangely enough, as a non-smoker (except for the very occaisional 'special' ciggy, I quite like the very very odd seeee-gar. Smile

(only when pissed - the thought of one sober makes me wretch)

Smile

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we ever 100% truly happy thou? Or are we always wanting bigger / better things??

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 23:02 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-- Joseph Addison

In the end though in my opinion it's all relative. Some people who have really hard lives manage to be just as happy as those who are 'successful'.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 29 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
Are we ever 100% truly happy thou? Or are we always wanting bigger / better things??

There can never be 100% happiness.... Unless you are buddah.
You need unhappy to appreciate happy...

But for me, I am happy when...
Non selfish...
1 People around me are happy.
2 People are nice to each other
3 People are unselfish

Selfish...
1. My 13 month old son does something new Smile
2. I am in the 'zone' -
On a snowboard in the Alps.
In my car in the lakes with no caravans blocking me!
On my bike and there's no speed cameras
3. I'm with friends, beers, music, and the odd doobie.

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 30 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion happiness is everyones own individual perspective, what I may be happy with someone else might be truly miserable with.

So to me happiness is working towards my goals to achieve them knowing I have put in as much work as I possibly could have to gain the best from my situation. It is also feeling secure enough within myself to be positive about my descisions and knowing that no matter what I decide to do with my lift that my friends and family will support me is every way
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2