Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Foosh tablets, proplus etc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Foosh tablets, proplus etc Reply with quote

https://www.foosh.co.uk/home.html

Found these, they are small mints that contain 100mg of caffiene per mint (compared to 80mg in red bull, but without all the crap included in the can). They cost £1.99 for 12

The thing is that I only have red bull to stop myself falling asleep in lectures because of its nasty taste and price on campus -> £1.10

Im against illegal drugs but im worried that if I take these to stay awake then people (my friends and family) will start suspecting me of taking other drugs.

What do you think ??

Last edited by simon1221 on 00:05 - 08 Nov 2006; edited 2 times in total

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:35 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Caffiene:100mg in a tablet? Safer than redbull?FOOSH tab Reply with quote

simon1221 wrote:
What do you think ??

I think you need to go to bed earlier.

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a student its not always the easiest thing in the world..

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:38 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Caffiene:100mg in a tablet? Safer than redbull?FOOSH tab Reply with quote

simon1221 wrote:

Im against drugs but im worried that if I take these to stay awake then people (my friends and family) will start suspecting me of taking other drugs.

You're against drugs apart from caffeine I presume?

Personally, I've never liked caffeine as a drug much, though I do use it occasionally.

Caffeine pills are hardly a new thing - pro plus has 50mg per pill and has been around for many years before red bull etc.

Remember Red Bull has other stuff to help keep you awake as well.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a student and you're not on drugs? Shocked

But seriously students have been popping PROPLUS for years and years, these ones will be something similar, and it just looks like a pack of mints, what's the problem?

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such as?

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon1221 wrote:
Such as?

If you're asking about Red Bull - glucose, taurine, guarana, I think are all in Red Bull. Buy Boosts and Relentless too, then you'll be a caffeine charged battery bouncing off the walls.

I bought pure caffeine in a powder and snorted it, made me bounce around for a while and I got a whole lot of redecorating done in one day.

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
simon1221 wrote:
Such as?

If you're asking about Red Bull - glucose, taurine, guarana, I think are all in Red Bull. Buy Boosts and Relentless too, then you'll be a caffeine charged battery bouncing off the walls.

I bought pure caffeine in a powder and snorted it, made me bounce around for a while and I got a whole lot of redecorating done in one day.

Nice.

For a energy boost, it costs way too much.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:47 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want cheap, just get a bag of speed Smile - only need a tiny amount to get the same effect as a caffeine pill and for the same effect I'd say it's probably a less nasty drug (which says more about caffeine being nasty than the other way around).

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no paracetamol, aspirin, caffeine, cough medicine, pro-plus...blah de blah de blah for you then...I cant be bothered listing the others...but Im sure others will...

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stop staying out on the piss so late so often. Razz

Uni isn't all about enjoying yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

scoota bk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:19 - 07 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Tesco's "Kick" energy drink, 1ltr bottles, usual price is 99p but they had 2 for £1.40 or somit before! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:44 - 08 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS a limit to how much caffeine you can usefully take. A guy that used to come on here did an experiment on himself (and 'blogged' it on a thread on here) by drinking FAR too much Tesco kick. Not pretty.

You can kill yourself with too much caffeine, very high doses fuck with your heart rythm. It has its uses and will even speed your reaction times without affecting accuracy up to a certain dose (unlike speed which screws up the accuracy of your responses).

My advice. Save high-dose caffeine for exam time. Especially when you go into an exam after cramming all night. You WILL land up like Tweek off Southpark otherwise.

I was forever falling asleep in lectures too, some advice:
Don't sit up at the back, heat rises and makes you sleepy.
Sit near a window if you can.
Buy a thermal tea mug. Fill it up and it will last you through the whole lecture without going overboard on the caffeine.

You HAVE to catch up on your sleep. You can get away with eating into a sleep defecit through the week but you do need to catch up on it. This means quality sleep too, not drunken unconciousness, it doesn't count. I do 24h on-call every third day and have done for the last six years so I can tell you, you NEED 8-9 hours of quality, uninterrupted sleep every four days or you get slow as fuck, you start napping through the day and you start to make mistakes.

Do not underestimate the 'power nap'. 20 minutes of sack time in the middle of the day makes a HUGE difference to your alertness levels. Don't go over 30 minutes though (set an alarm) or you go into slow-wave sleep and will wake up fuzzy round the edges.

I'll give you an example. I was woken up Monday morning after only four hours sleep then worked for 16 hours and copped five hours last night. I had a 15 minute 'power nap' this afternoon and another after work which let me go to the pub tonight. I'll get six hours in tonight. I'll do the same tomorrow but on Thursday, I'll stay in and put myself to bed early so I get a good 9 hours. If I get called out during that, I will be totally fucked on Friday and no use to anyone.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 09 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get relentless, tastes better than red bull and much more caffine, always works for me when I need an energy boost.

But at £1.29 a can its not so cheap (but is 500ml)

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 20:13 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you ride a gpz, but dont be a fairy.

If someones cracking pro plus you know they either dont do speed or at least they cant get hold of it at the moment.

As G said a tiny bit of speed will keep you bouncing for many hours, whereas im pretty certain caffiene is a pretty nasty diuretic.
Nothing screams focus like the desperate urge to piss like a race horse mid lecture.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

jay_666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
Get relentless, tastes better than red bull and much more caffine, always works for me when I need an energy boost.

89p round here!

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay_666 wrote:
ncrn wrote:

89p round here!

seriously??? it USED to be that price here, and was buy one get one free, but no longer sadly,

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:28 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
I know you ride a gpz, but dont be a fairy.

If someones cracking pro plus you know they either dont do speed or at least they cant get hold of it at the moment.

As G said a tiny bit of speed will keep you bouncing for many hours, whereas im pretty certain caffiene is a pretty nasty diuretic.
Nothing screams focus like the desperate urge to piss like a race horse mid lecture.

Speed (amphetamine sulphate) does you no favours whatsoever, even if it didn't have a totally shit comedown that makes you wish you hadn't bothered. Sure you stay awake, but people have overdone it in the past, come out of an exam thinking they did really well having written the same sentance two hundred times.

If you want to go down the chemical route, use a different amphetamine, see if you know anyone whose kids are on ritalin for ADHD and take that.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:16 - 14 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
come out of an exam thinking they did really well having written the same sentance two hundred times.

I am a fish?

Relentless is horrible foul tasting stuff. We were given free samples at Rock n Blues this year which we all guzzled down due to the excessive heat (and the fact that these cans were chilled!). It turns your tongue a radioactive shade of yellow. Sick

As for staying awake during lectures, take Stinkwheel's advice. I used to find myself drifting off during a riveting dissemination of timbre quality of hand and mechanically blown organs... So I sat nearer the front and took mugs of coffee in with me. Now I know all about Josquin du Pre and friends Thumbs Up
Another useful tip is to make recordings of lectures, make notes to accompany these and label the notes with the timings on the recordings eg:
3"47' Recording of a 1473 viol de gamba
8"30' Dr Gloag has a coughing fit (nb. This is NOT a percussion instrument)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 170 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1