Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Save St George save England

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (13 Jul 2006 - 08:29)
View previous topic : View next topic  

FREDTHERED
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:47 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Save St George save England Reply with quote

This is important read, save St George save England.

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

.....After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

.....After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others!

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen & published in a British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS.NOT BRITON’S MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
Centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and Women who laid down any one of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political
slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St. George's cross offends you, or you don't like “A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here.

You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

Ahmato_
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:23 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others!

Quite the contrary in our school, only England shirts allowed, fights broke out over teams and such...

However, it saddens me that you signed up to this forum to post this patriotic waste of time, this is a bike forum,, erm, gettit?>Bike

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Save St George save England Reply with quote

FREDTHERED wrote:
.....After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

Didn't realise the DVLA was birmingham council too. Shocked Razz

Bet that's all garbage...and you've just 'bought' it. Laughing

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 03:39 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

right.

"In God We Trust" in MY national motto, not yours. (I'm in the US)

Yours is "God and my Right".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieu_et_mon_droit

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 07:27 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Jane wrote:
right.

"In God We Trust" in MY national motto, not yours. (I'm in the US)

Yeah but your country is sh*t.

And too many yanks belive in god Laughing

I mean yesterday at 1.30 all the curchs were full around charlotte it was f*cking creepy kinda like children of the corn sh*t Eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:06 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

More random ranting bullshit.

The politically correct crowd?
Its about 3 people.

There is no crowd, just people like the author above ranting about them. Shite like the above makes me sad to have been born in this country.

& stop fucking lumping the rest of us in with the simplistic/backwards view of the country,

Quote:
OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE

All this is is some mentally under developed nobhead shouting ME, ME, ME.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:33 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Save St George save England Reply with quote

FREDTHERED wrote:

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here.

I'm British.

If you don't like the way things are working here, then can I suggest you can 'f#@* off', no one is forcing you to stay here.

From what I've seen, most of the 'problems' you describe are those made up by middle class-white people like you who take tabloid journalism far too seriously, rather than those which they are designed to protect.

Your sort of 'patriotism' offends me because it often seems a lot closer to racism. This paints real 'patriots' in a bad light for many.
So you are making English people like my dislike parts of English culture. Bravo.

phill.c
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:38 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the guys spot on, if you went to another country, say afganistan or pakistan then you would have to adapt to there ways. im not saying they have no right being the religion they are in this country but its getting to the point were things are getting stupid, no st george flag wtf its our history, a symbol which shows what we stand for.
diplomatic wankers that try to please people that arn't from this country.
things like no christmas carrols at christmas, beacuse other races don't like it. i don't like the way you do things so why not ban them its pure bollocks.
i have alot respect for engalnd but this is slowing going and hopefully i won't be here in the next ten year when its all to cock even tho its not far off now.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:41 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phill.c wrote:
i think the guys spot on, if you went to another country, say afganistan

Actually, I thought you blew the shit out of it and did what you wanted then? Smile

Go to many countries and you find 'ex pat' communities of English people that still act exactly like, well, English people.

Again, from what I've seen, all the 'not trying to offened other cultures' has come from English people, yet the hate is aimed mostly to people of different skin colour.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 09:47 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Save St George save England Reply with quote

FREDTHERED wrote:
This is important read, save St George save England.
<snip>
IMMIGRANTS.NOT BRITON’S MUST ADAPT.

<snip>
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain.

<snip>

If St. George's cross offends you, or you don't like “A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

<snip>

I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

sooo... are we talking about Britain, or England here?

they aren't one and the same..

typical white-middle-england daily mail bollox

a

phill.c
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:48 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me its nothing about skin colour and i don't agree with going over there to blow the shit out fo everything. if the actual aim was to go over and introduce i democrecey (spelling) then thats ok in my opinion, but they might not want to live like that and we're trying to make them. but then there is a reason they come over here. but when suits decide how everything goes it will only end up like this place. we all know its down to the oil and the biggest factor money.....

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, half the other threads on this section are moaning about muslims, terrorists etc. and everyone is in agreement that they are cunt-ish bastards, yet here everyone is slating this piece of writing!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Redliner
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:12 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Go to many countries and you find 'ex pat' communities of English people that still act exactly like, well, English people.

I lived in Spain, in Marbella for a short while, and I remember one of the local papers was also printed in English, and in it there was one English woman complaining she'd bought a home in an area where the ex-pat community wasn't predominantly English, and she was getting annoyed by no one speaking English; You're in fu**ing Spain you dense bitch.

Always cracks me up when we moan about the lack of integration by immigrants, when we're some of the absoloute worst for doing just this.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:13 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast_tzr wrote:
I don't get it, half the other threads on this section are moaning about muslims, terrorists etc. and everyone is in agreement that they are cunt-ish bastards, yet here everyone is slating this piece of writing!?

You find those other threads also have people suggesting that not /all/ muslims are the problem.
Everyone is must definitely not suggesting that they are all as you suggest.

Infact I would say the problem is those people that are trying to stir up trouble and hate within in the muslim community.
Just as these people are trying to stir up hate within the British community against other races.

Vin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the person who posted the message hasn't responded I have rated it as spam.
Clearly a cut and paste job from some looney website.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:53 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read it before when it was about the States.
Almost word for word exactly the same.

So I think someone has just copied it and changed USA to UK.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:36 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:

So I think someone has just copied it and changed USA to UK.

It probably originated as a rallying call for muslims Very Happy Razz.

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:45 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those points are our fault not the muslims'. It's not average joe Muslims fault that they decided not to put up xmas lights this year. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to wear their religious clothes to school, maybe they shouldn't be allowed but that's the schools problem.

It's the English systems that are at fault. Everyone will have to adjust a little in the end, unfortunately that doesn't happen in this country, we just ban everything that doesn't suite the people that can shout the loudest.

Football, alcohol and TV will be about the only things we can do in the future. The muslim nations appear to be going the other way, they are getting more and more freedom to go out and do what they like.

Rick.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:58 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day we will change , and they will change and it will all come out at a comprimise.

Just needs the generations unwilling to change (the shouters, from both sides of teh debate) to die off, which they will do given time.

Just a shame I probably won't be able to outlive them

thinkingabout...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:36 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving licence with covered face? That is more than mad. Maybe the professional burglar could have one with a mask, as it fits his beliefs. Was there not a similar case in the US, Florida maybe? I think they made the sensible decision that that lady (a Yvonne Ridley style fanatical convert) that she had to uncover for the pic.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Save St George save England Reply with quote

FREDTHERED wrote:

Wotcha.

It's not up to the council to decide who, or what, appears on your driving license - now if you've got that wrong, what else in your little rant is incorrect ?
Just thought I'd point that out - I'd hate to see someone mis-informed. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1