BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Israel bomb 'kills UN observers'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

zaknafien

PostPosted: 10:29 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Strange thing though, because I've read Sun Tzu a number of times, and your quotes are entirely new on me. A liberal translation perhaps? Or a crock of kike shite? Rolling Eyes

According to senna he has some insight into Sun Tzu that allows him to translate it anyway he likes and state it as fact(while also stealing part of an essay on a board game and trying to pass it off as Sun Tzu). Thinking

The article he stole it from: https://heaventree.blogspot.com/2005/08/virtues-that-make-true-general.html

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Artillery never is, still hit and miss even in todays high tech world.

So the Israelis would have you believe. They could probably drop HE down your chimney from 10km away if they wanted to.

Besides, continuing to shell a neutral target that phones you up and tells you to stop sounds pretty deliberate to me.

Of course if you take into account the US attitude to the UN and their support for Israel to bomb any available arab terrorists (or civilians) back to the stone age, then it's safe to say that they'll get away with it.

senna_f4
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:08 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:

The blogger has stolen the article.

The original article was a reaearch work by Tom on the art of war, he analyses it in 1999. Your blog is written 6 years later.

The article analyses the art of war in a logical manner and explains the meainigs correctly in English.

Sod off

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:17 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The art of war thing...My copy definitely doesn't mention anything like Senna posted. For starters its written in three or four lined verses rather than great sweeping paragraphs.

I think most of the stuff that Sun Tzu writes is very good in terms of strategy and is something we could still learn from today. He's probably rolling in his grave just looking at Iraq et all because one of his main 'rules' is only to wage war when its absolutely nessecary and do it quickly since it drains your nation of people and money. anyhoo I've no idea where I'm going with this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 18:32 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

senna_f4 wrote:
The original article was a reaearch work by Tom on the art of war, he analyses it in 1999. Your blog is written 6 years later.

The article analyses the art of war in a logical manner and explains the meainigs correctly in English.

Sod off

Tom? Who is 'Tom'? Correctly in English? So every other translation in the world is wrong because 'Tom' say's so?

Once again you are spouting shite without backing yourself up, how many more times must you make yourself look a fool?

stevieh
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Slickfish wrote:
I never knew the Americans let there own troops die to save face like that!!! its a joke!!

To a politican a soldier is a nobody, it's all well and good saying how they feel the loss of the mothers etc but it's all bollocks, it's just dot's on a map to them.

To a politician, a soldier is a tool. Not a nobody. Your mistaking a social organization for a communist regime/party.

As much as you all see fit to slag the americans off, the un collectively are just as bad. Looking through history, the bloodiest nation has been, you guessed it, England.

War is hell, mistakes happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevieh
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I also add that, the literature of Sun-Tzu is indeed one mans personal stake on the art of war / the living of life. Napoleon said that;

Quote:
"The barbarous custom of having men beaten who are suspected of having important secrets to reveal must be abolished. It has always been recognized that this way of interrogating men, by putting them to torture, produces nothing worthwhile."

This as we know is not true in all cases, and is therefore his personal opinion. We cannot base ideals and decisions around one mans (as great a tactician as Sun Tzu was) opinions and ideals.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2