BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bought another MSX, for a steal! Pic Heavy

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 29 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is to me they don't look that small at all! Not In monkey bike terms anyway. I think that a slightly bigger machine physically is a good thing in making a useful and comfy daily road bike.

But a true size Monkey is a purer concept, and a lot of fun, if just no where near as useable.

I'm still surprised that Honda managed to get an air cooled pretty simple 4T single through current emissions regs, and on sale. I would like to know how many internal detail improvements have been made over the years to the old C90 based design though?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 29 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean91 wrote:
they are even smaller than they look in the pictures Very Happy
If you'd ridden one, you wouldn't say that. They are somewhat deceptive.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 29 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'm still surprised that Honda managed to get an air cooled pretty simple 4T single through current emissions regs, and on sale. I would like to know how many internal detail improvements have been made over the years to the old C90 based design though?
It's fuel injected and it's got a cat, it's pretty simple really.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff done. 16T from sprocket fitted. Seems to have caused the speedo to under-read as I was following someone through the speed camera and they slowed to about 25mph. Not an exact science and GPS will give me an accurate reading.

Also fitted Galfer discs front and rear. Still need to get the Brembos fitted.
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Sam/DBAB2CEC-FAA5-44F9-A211-E6BCC1ACE5FA_zps09z8xiho.jpg~original
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Sam/896EDFE7-D093-4014-B3AF-86C84C66AA5B_zps9mqa6e8u.jpg~original

Bullet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:43 - 01 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool little bike, such a bargain! Cool crying out for some shiny braided lines in those last two piccies though, those standard ones look pretty rough, especially the rear one! personally id ditch the side refelector on the front mudguard too, mainly because of the rusty bracket Wink

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 01 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet wrote:
cool little bike, such a bargain! Cool crying out for some shiny braided lines in those last two piccies though, those standard ones look pretty rough, especially the rear one! personally id ditch the side refelector on the front mudguard too, mainly because of the rusty bracket Wink
Reflector is difficult to ditch as that's retaining piece for the mudguard. Could paint up though.

I do have some braided lines to go with a pair of Brembo callipers, but couldn't get the rear to bleed up, so abandoned yesterday. They are a little brighter than stock and regular braided! Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3