Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GT200X5 Project

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BikinChainz
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:46 - 10 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Nameless wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing this come together Mr. Green

Whoa, the Navy one looks awesome!

I oughta make something presentable out of my Honda..
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:31 - 14 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great progress, this is going to look really smart when finished.

How much did the vapour blasting cost out of interest ?

Previous: Yamaha YZF1000, ZZR600, KMX200, DT50, KX80, CG125, PF50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the finished job Blau. Always had a soft spot for 2 strokes and the X5 was a sweet little machine. Nice RDs too Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 21 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue, that's looking immaculate so far!

You'll have it finished and ready for the show stand at Stafford in no time! Something that's going to look better than new needs to be shown at least once before you start racking up the miles/smiles IMO.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 01 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate if this is all together before 22/04, you really will have to bring her to Stafford. It could be the cleanest X5 in the country by the time you have finished. Smile

I want to ride my KMX whenever it's dry, but now I've decided to show it at Stafford in April I'm not going to risk getting it filthy or damaged before then.

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 01 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by the rate of progress thus far, my predicted finish date is actually the 22/04...2019.

Good work though, id love to do this one day.
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 03 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

My dad usedto have an x5 a few of years ago, when I was about twelve, that thing was a hoot on the back of it!

Should look really nice when it's finished. Thumbs Up
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooooooo clean! Drooling

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:26 - 16 Feb 2014    Post subject: x5 Reply with quote

pics of the gsxr 1100 please!

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 16 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, although I see dirt. I hope that is genuine Suzuki dirt on this!

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 22 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! Big moment. Sounding gooooooood. Be nice to see it down squires of a thursday soon.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Shreeve
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:55 - 22 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get to a point where you're confident/capable of doing all this work?

It just seems like an insane learning curve as a new rider with an interest in this side of things.

Looks amazing so far!
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bypass2
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:58 - 22 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. done a good job there. Slight leek with the carbs had that on my x5 tried everthing the only way it stoped was start the bike up then turn the petrol on about 2 seconds later. Then when finnished turn the petrol off first leave it running then turn the ignition off cured it. Are the float valves jets seated right or sticking.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6