Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DAFT-BAT-Out of 'L'!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Make sure you take those betablockers for your mod 1 and 2 if you need to Wink

Jodie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:47 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe well done Snowy, come on now, get that mod 1 booked Thumbs Up Very Happy

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:10 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jodie wrote:
hehe well done Snowy, come on now, get that mod 1 booked Thumbs Up Very Happy

CBT again first Rolling Eyes

Then a clear run
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jodie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:56 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo that sucks!

Seeing as you're a cbt pro, have a word with the instructors on your cbt and see if they'll let you do a bit of Mod 1 training while they spend time with the newbies.

Worth asking I guess, it's a wonder Tef's not got it all booked Very Happy

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:24 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jodie wrote:
Boo that sucks!

Seeing as you're a cbt pro, have a word with the instructors on your cbt and see if they'll let you do a bit of Mod 1 training while they spend time with the newbies.

He was going to but i want to do it all on my own bike...........which is coming along..........might do my CBT on the corporal though and use that untill the Pup is done and the platics and stuff are ready for the corp to be sold
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 22:46 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jodie wrote:
Boo that sucks!

Lol! She'll be training up with Hinkley Motorcycle Training Scheme, and she's going to be booked in for a full CBT & Accompanied Test Course. PLUS school block bookings for the actual practicals.

Its Day on a Weekend for CBT, then seven two hour, weekly lessons on either a Monday or Thursday evening, with one lesson being a 'mock' Mod 2. & Block booking so that when the Instructor says she's 'ready', she'll be booked, no wheedling out or dallying!

It WOULD have been booked up, BUT.......

Wanted to get her through the Theory first, so she had a 'clear run' on the practicals, without possibility that a failed Theory could stall the momentum of the actual training...

I would have 'phoned and got her booked in for CBT this weekend, as soon as we got home, if it was left to me.....

My 'Project Bike' is sat there, freshly rebuilt, freshly MOT'd, freshly taxed, and registered and insured in her name, so she can use it.....

BUT, she wants to do it on the bike SHE has built...... See 'The Pup Project' I think it might be another 'stalling tactic'....

BUT, giving her her head, I can see the incentive, and 'The Pup' would be a LOT nicer place to be sitting during CBT and training.... it SHOULD be basically a brand new bike, and big reason for building it WAS so she could do her training on it!

So she has a fortnight to get it somewhere close to an MOT station.......

Also gives me some time to find the actual cash to pay for it all! Basically all got to be paid for 'upfront', and I HAD the money in my pocket a month ago, but then I started eating into it, with the repeat Theory fee, having to pay to get a part of the washing machine repaired, and waiting for her licence to come back, spend a chunk more on getting my project bike 'finished'!

Its set backs like that that have always stalled her getting her licence, BUT, this time its only for a week or so, but she does have a fortnight, MAYBE three weeks, realistically to get her bike done.....

If not... soon as I have the cash in my sweaty hand, she'll be being 'booked' and be doing it on 'The Corporal'!

As for Doing Mod 1 Training during her CBT...... well, Instructors will be WELL briefed on her riding career to date, and where she's going from here, so entirely possible!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:59 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you suffer from nerves, why not start sitting Mod 1 ASAP with an expectation that you'll fail? It's far cheaper than lessons, and you're not going to pass during a lesson, are you?

maccidees2002
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:04 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
If you suffer from nerves, why not start sitting Mod 1 ASAP with an expectation that you'll fail? It's far cheaper than lessons, and you're not going to pass during a lesson, are you?

Laughing lmao red rag bull????? where is Mike anyway???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:20 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike still in bed Shocked

Going to get the dog to wake him up in a minute just enjoying the peace and quiet

maccidees2002
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:54 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave him there enjoy the peace and quiet!!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:56 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccidees2002 wrote:
leave him there enjoy the peace and quiet!!

TOOO late Corf rang him up

Hyaon
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:23 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BUT, giving her her head,

*chortles*

Sorry.. I'd personally stick to the school's bike? The one I went to made almost sure I got to use the same bike in every lesson and always on my tests as every bike has their little quirks and differences.

Back on my main point, doesn't it feel better using a bike if you drop it, it's okay! it's not your bike! hehe. It meant I was more confident in pulling off mod1 stuff, to the point of crashing the bike once at 40mph during braking in the wet after swerve. But I learnt and bike was okay due to crash cage etc.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:03 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
maccidees2002 wrote:
Laughing lmao red rag bull????? where is Mike anyway???

snowtigeress wrote:
Mike still in bed Shocked

Tripple Cafinated, Coffee.... what was that about a red-bull?
Not enough caffine.... just a coffee will do...... ta!
Hyaon wrote:
Quote:
BUT, giving her her head,

*chortles*
Sorry.. I'd personally stick to the school's bike? The one I went to made almost sure I got to use the same bike in every lesson and always on my tests as every bike has their little quirks and differences.

Back on my main point, doesn't it feel better using a bike if you drop it, it's okay! it's not your bike! hehe. It meant I was more confident in pulling off mod1 stuff, to the point of crashing the bike once at 40mph during braking in the wet after swerve. But I learnt and bike was okay due to crash cage etc.

Well, she's not an absolute beginner..... no real reason why she may have an 'off'.... she's been wobbling around on CBT certs longer than many have on full licences!

SHOULD be a simple case of form filling and crossing t's and dotting eyes for her, but she lacks confidence, and has had a LOT of 'bad' experience on 'old heaps' which should have got her through all her falling off......

And it was a big part of the Pup Project.

As bikes get old, they get loose and sloppy in their joints, and don't do everything as neatly and precisely as they should Old 125's suffer even more, not being as well maintained as they should, by peny pinching budget riders and know nothing newbies, before you get to shear bodgery. Hence none of her old bikes being that confidence inspiring.

THIS bike was to remedy that, taking an old Learner Legal, and making it as good as, or where practical, 'better' than new.

That would give her a big boost that anything that didn't feel quite 'right' was down to her, not the bike.

But more, having put every nut and bolt that goes into that bike together her self, having seen each little part, and scrubbed, scraped, primers and painted it.... she'd know what all the bits did, where they went and how they worked, as WELL as knowing that they were all there, and that they were all as 'good' as they could ever possibly be......

So, soon as she throws a leg over this bike, she'll be comfy, confident and content that it will do what its supposed to and not let her down.

BUT... having taken a rusting old hulk and turned it into a thing of beauty.....

What the heck!

If she DOES 'Dump It'.... she also knows how to fix it again, AND do it properly, AND make it look as good as it did before.....

Its cake and eat it.....

It would be like being trained by a top pastry chef how to bake a cake, and suggesting she goes to tesco's for a Mr Kipling, rather than sample her own creation!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:22 - 01 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question for you all.......

I keep seeing about minors on tests..............how many can you get and still pass the tests?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 03:21 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
A question for you all.......

I keep seeing about minors on tests..............how many can you get and still pass the tests?

If they have Berberry Baseball caps on, as many as you like.....................five credits each.

Extra merits awarded if they make a nice 'splat' when you get'em.

If they have hoodies, you only get two credits, because the restricted vision & IDGAS shrug means they are easier to get.

If they have Senheiesers in, their ears, they're even easier, so you only get one credit.

Anoying 'oiks' with school bags, and half smoked Bensons behind thier ear, get you a full ten credits, as they are rather more lively and erratic, and you are likely to have to swerve two or three times to actually get one.

Girlie like ones, with mobike 'phones glued to thier ear, however, tend to travel in flocks of three or more.... so you only get one credit each, but if you line it up right, possible to get a full six marks or more taking out a while line in one go....

If they are in push chairs, you score minus credits..... BUT you get bonus points if they are pushed out into the road by an underage mum, and you get them instead..... they are worth FIFTY credits, and a bonus point on the housing council list.......

Which IS to say, contrary to popular opinion, and to prove I don't actually think I know it ALL...

......I Don't Know!

Other things I Don't know much about include soccer, tennis, golf, fishing, sugar craft, arable farming, water management, or medicine. Bit hazy about Medieval History, and European history in general, too, though Roman and Post Roman British History, I'm fairly clued up over, though Industrial History, is probably my specialty! Geography, I'm not bad on, at least physical geography. Political and social geography, I haven't got a clue. And languages I'm hopeless.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:49 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Which IS to say, contrary to popular opinion, and to prove I don't actually think I know it ALL...

......I Don't Know!

Other things I Don't know much about include soccer, tennis, golf, fishing, sugar craft, arable farming, water management, or medicine. Bit hazy about Medieval History, and European history in general, too, though Roman and Post Roman British History, I'm fairly clued up over, though Industrial History, is probably my specialty! Geography, I'm not bad on, at least physical geography. Political and social geography, I haven't got a clue. And languages I'm hopeless.

Didnt want you to answer it anyway Razz

Didnt want a long history lesson again..................darent ask you a question.................you start from the very beginning Rolling Eyes

If asked a question about a model of bike you would tell me all about the person who built it and how they started off and etc etc............and by the time you got to what i asked i would of forgotten what i asked you Shocked

I think you would make a great Lecture teacher,If the classes were for like 10 hours each

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 04:03 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
If asked a question about a model of bike you would tell me all about the person who built it and how they started off and etc etc............and by the time you got to what i asked i would of forgotten what i asked you Shocked

Sochiro Honda Dear.... Japanese Industrialist..... an apprentice mechanic, he failed to qualify, discovering an entrepreneurial......

OI! Do you want to know how to put your wheels together or WHAT!

Now, whats the FIRST lesson, an apprentice mechanic needs to learn?

You've forgotten again! JEEZ!

Its How to make a decent cuppa! Now go put the kettle on, you obviously need more practice!

maccidees2002
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:36 - 02 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 10 minors in total.
But if you get repeatedly the same minor Its a serious fault and a fail.

I think its 5 of the same fault.
so you may only get 5 minors and pass your test but if all 5 minors are for the same fault it becomes a serious fault and so a fail!

The 10 minors is definate the number of minors becoming a serious I may be a little wrong.

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:49 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried Diazepam? I used to pop'em all the time, they work well for anxiety and stress related conditions. Go to your doctor and tell him/her that you are suffering from anxiety, you should be able to get 2mg (lowest dose) on a prescription. I know a friends dad gets them on prescription due to his fear of flying. He seems to be flying somewhere new every week now.

No but seriously, if you are really very nervous it can really help. I used during my second year university exams and felt calm and relaxed allowing by brain time to think instead of having adrenalin clouding my judgement. Came out a few points away from averaging a 1st for that year Smile

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:01 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccidees2002 wrote:
Its 10 minors in total.
But if you get repeatedly the same minor Its a serious fault and a fail.

I think its 5 of the same fault.
so you may only get 5 minors and pass your test but if all 5 minors are for the same fault it becomes a serious fault and so a fail!

The 10 minors is definate the number of minors becoming a serious I may be a little wrong.

I believe its infact three of every minor fault becomes a major.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:27 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raf wrote:
Tried Diazepam? I used to pop'em all the time, they work well for anxiety and stress related conditions. Go to your doctor and tell him/her that you are suffering from anxiety, you should be able to get 2mg (lowest dose) on a prescription. I know a friends dad gets them on prescription due to his fear of flying. He seems to be flying somewhere new every week now.

No but seriously, if you are really very nervous it can really help. I used during my second year university exams and felt calm and relaxed allowing by brain time to think instead of having adrenalin clouding my judgement. Came out a few points away from averaging a 1st for that year Smile

I have been given diazepam,but that was when im going away,so i suppose if i go doctors nearer the time, They might give them to me then.

Just need a doctor now as I im now in Nuneaton and cant use my doctor that was in Leicester

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:53 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take a trip to your local pub/scrote area. There's always someone selling them. Though there normally the higher 10mg doses so i would take a 5th or less or you will be finding yourself asleep on your keyboard.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:01 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raf wrote:
Just take a trip to your local pub/scrote area. There's always someone selling them. Though there normally the higher 10mg doses so i would take a 5th or less or you will be finding yourself asleep on your keyboard.

Sleep whats that then? Shocked

dont do that sort of thing much........

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:51 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:

Diazepam, (Valium). Fine in low does for anxiety but in high it will pretty much knock you out.

Fair enough, i guess im just a wreck head.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:10 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raf wrote:
snowtigeress wrote:

Diazepam, (Valium). Fine in low does for anxiety but in high it will pretty much knock you out.

Fair enough, i guess im just a wreck head.

thats what the propranolol they are for anxiety,slows the heart rate down they are for people that suffer from heart attacks
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16