Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

For anyone contemplating visiting the desert nr mansfield

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
nottspolice This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:51 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the police being a bunch of killjoy spoilsport safety nazis to me.

Can't do a bloody thing in this country without someone wanting to spoil it.

Oh no, someone is riding a motorbike on a piece of totally unused and useless waste ground which is nowhere near anything else. Exactly how is that antisocial?

And you need to decide if it's a public footpath or private land nobody is allowed on numbnuts. You can't have it both ways.

I take exception to the police intruding on a website which I use for my personal entertainment to threaten my peers with poorly justified and dubiously legal (three words: Bill Of Rights) enforcement action for taking part in their hobby.

As such, I am responding with a totally arbitrary karma raping, which in a similar way to a section 59, you can do fuck all about.

Thank you for listening.

b-f-c
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:00 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I take exception to the police intruding on a website which I use for my personal entertainment to threaten my peers with poorly justified and dubiously legal (three words: Bill Of Rights) enforcement action for taking part in their hobby.

Wot he said Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If even the local council and police are convinced it's a good site for a 'properly managed' off roading then it's clearly an excellent and remote location where people are only risking their own health (which, you may not be aware of this, they are quite welcome to do).

The section that makes threats about charging people for taking work vehicles without consent is the slimiest piece of fear mongering I've read in a long time.

Even the Daily Mail would be impressed with the use of bold text.

As Stinkwheel states, this is a website where most people come to get away from exactly the kind of crap that you have just posted. Persevere and I can only imagine you will further propagate anti-police sentiments.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:48 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a bit of irony that the site has been approved for a 'professional' offroad thing which may happen one day, yet ppl doing the same unofficially are somehow much worse.

Surely the same local complainers would complain about a professional offroad centre.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:56 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Surely the same local complainers would complain about a professional offroad centre.

Reading between the lines, nobody has complained other than perhaps the police themselves.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:00 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: For anyone contemplating visiting the desert nr mansfiel Reply with quote

nottspolice wrote:
Please view the attached link for advise to anyone contemplating off-roading at the site known locally as The Desert near Mansfield.
https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/uploads/library/319/thedesert.pdf

Now you're here, you can answer some questions for me:

How come many members of this forum have suffered motorcycle theft, informed the police and never received a visit from any member of staff employed by the police in their area? Not even a civilian?

How come motorcyclists who *try* to find a legitimate place to use their legally held taxed and insured motorcycles get hounded off the land?

Only a few weeks ago some friends and I were told to leave a "Byway open to all traffic" despite each riding legal motorcycles with tax insurance and no modifications because 'someone complained'?

A motorcyclist complains of a theft of property from their own home, and they get ignored. A member of the public complains about a motorcyclist legally using a public byway and the police arrive?

If you want to know why hardly anyone in the UK has respect for the police services in the UK, you don't have to look very far to find out!

Its the same with speeding. Speed does not kill, and yet the amount of poor driving I see on a daily basis beggars belief. I understand that the police have a difficult job with all of the government appointed 'targets' for arrests etc, but surely it only takes common sense to realise arresting one thief is much more productive than warning ten motorcyclists, or cautioning ten people for posession of small amounts of cannabis? Or Enforcing another myopic ban on the sale of a specific object which could be regarded as dangerous?

The police are widely seen as arrogant, obsessed with minor offenses, officious and out of touch with the average member of the public. This wasn't the case when I was a child, and I have to ask... What changed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Theres a bit of irony that the site has been approved for a 'professional' offroad thing which may happen one day, yet ppl doing the same unofficially are somehow much worse.

It's only because no one is making any money out of it. You not allowed to do anything for free anymore!!

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: For anyone contemplating visiting the desert nr mansfiel Reply with quote

nottspolice wrote:
Please view the attached link for advise to anyone contemplating off-roading at the site known locally as The Desert near Mansfield.

You fucking cheeky cunt.

How many nonces you nicked this week?

Whats that none? How many missing children you found this week?

None again?

I reckon my guesses are right.

How many forums you spammed with your shitty "do as you're told" attitude?

Loads?

Fuck off you half wit. You even got a bike? Or just the panda your "partner and alsho your lover" humps your bottom in.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:08 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also interesting to see that the police are enforcing the will of a large corporation.

I feel a bit like Hetzer saying this, but the police have become an enforcement tool for big business to oppress the ordinary people of the country because they aren't making any money out of something.

Soon, we won't be allowed to go out, we'll just have to live on the internet, and all we are allowed to do is work and spend money online. If its fun and doesn't cost anything it won't be allowed. If it involves risk to one's person it won't be allowed, especially as risk means there might be one less person to spend money!

I never thought I'd be one to say the police have become a tool of an authoritarian government - but they have.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalk another convert up, keep em coming.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 18:17 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Re: For anyone contemplating visiting the desert nr mansfiel Reply with quote

nottspolice wrote:

Nazi Scum Middle Finger
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV

ghettostan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:32 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry off roaders, when i hit the jackpot i will buy the land
iv got it all planed out, the place will be open from friday to sunday 8am till 10pm, floodlights will be provided and lit up.

charge everyone £2.50 each bike for the day on a first come first serve basis Twisted Evil this includes car park.

the only thing is
there will be no alcohol/drugs allowed in the site
i am not resposible for any injuries, lost property.

Dance!

thats if i hit the jackpot lol

ghettostan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:32 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops double post.

Last edited by ghettostan on 18:39 - 21 Apr 2008; edited 1 time in total

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:35 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Admin remove them from site Idea

benjami
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:37 - 21 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good point.

For a noob and a cunt, at least his first post was in the correct section Wink

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ring em up or email em?

Twisted Evil

Quote:

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:45 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i e-mailed them ,had no reply,i asked for them to be removed as there not really forum members just looking to use a site as a free propaganda shot ,but...................most of what they say is true,IF you ride a LEGAL off road bike there is no need to go to this Desert where all the kids/tossers/chavs go ,you will have NO claim on anyone that injures you, wrecks your bike ,the loonies go round anyway they want with little kids of 6/7 having no clue,some stolen cars also used there then burnt out ,its an accident waiting to happen,its mainly sand/clag heaps which wreck chains/bearings,if your NOT legal go to a track,if you are use LEGAL BYWAYS,this is encouraging scroats on pitbikes to screw up our LEGAL hobby,these are my own views and i am not related or even know any "busies"just dont shit on your/our own doorstep Neutral

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:56 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyd wrote:
Yeah i e-mailed them ,had no reply,i asked for them to be removed as there not really forum members just looking to use a site as a free propaganda shot ,but...................most of what they say is true,IF you ride a LEGAL off road bike there is no need to go to this Desert where all the kids/tossers/chavs go ,you will have NO claim on anyone that injures you, wrecks your bike ,the loonies go round anyway they want with little kids of 6/7 having no clue,some stolen cars also used there then burnt out ,its an accident waiting to happen,its mainly sand/clag heaps which wreck chains/bearings,if your NOT legal go to a track,if you are use LEGAL BYWAYS,this is encouraging scroats on pitbikes to screw up our LEGAL hobby,these are my own views and i am not related or even know any "busies"just dont shit on your/our own doorstep Neutral

Comma comma comma!

But, the point is not everyone can legally ride a bike on the road. Where are the facilities which stop the little scrotes from nicking your pride and joy and taking it out across some fields?

We need areas of land which are not governed by road traffic rules in order that kids (and, indeed some adults) have a safe area to mess about with motorcycles. If we had more such areas, I'm certain that we'd have less problem with illegally ridden pitbikes, off roader theft, and field bikes.

I think it is actually very responsible of people to try to find areas which aren't byways, which aren't going to be near enough to people to upset them, which aren't public parks etc.

This 'Desert' place actually sounds like a very responsible place to ride. And Who gives a shit about public liability? if you have an area for bikes and an area for pedestrians and cyclists then you use the bike area at your own risk. None of this namby pamby poncing about with public liability insurance "Where there's blame there's a claim" nonsense.

Of course stolen cars etc would be bad, but thats bad anywhere. If people can safely use the area with legally owned machines, and it isn't upsetting the residents then I'm all for it. The corporation that owns the site is just thinking of the money. If they allowed its use at the weekends, then they would be benefitting the community as a whole.

AAAthreat
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:54 - 23 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Where there's blame there's a claim"

Well said in, this country is going down the shitter in 10 years time you want be allowed to do anything that is fun. God damn Labour are pissing off allot of ppl with there mambie pambie molly cotton everyone in cotton wool laws and bills that there are passing through parliament.

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:27 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjay,there are already places for non legal riders,as i already pointed out ...........a closed TRACK ,you roll up ,pays yer money and ride,the Desert isnt a responsible place to ride as its PRIVATE,how you feel if i donuted on your front lawn Rolling Eyes
nottspolice This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say around 90% of the people on here have no idea what or where 'The Desert' is, including me before you spammed this site.

People will continue to use it until access to it is no longer possible, and then, they will find somewhere else, you know that as well as everyone else.

Your time on here is a complete waste of my (everyones) money, and the police wander why their popularity has gone drastically down over the years.

I suggest you stop posting on here, you are just winding eveyone up.

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Most of us see your point. SOME MX riders give; law abiding trail riders a bad name/image.

However don't you think adding /yourself/ to a chat room is not really the best way to stop illegal use of "The Desert"?

In fact it just angers a large majority of people. Have you heard of something called a press release? MCN are always willing to /chat/.

Thumbs Up Hope you filled out all the paperwork relating to this post! Rolling Eyes

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:18 - 24 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

nottspolice wrote:
A suitable off road site that is approved by the council would need to meet health and safety requirements. As a result it would need amongst other things, adequate public liability insurance and marshalling. These two considerations alone would mean that a legal site would incur running costs, aside from the substantial investment to prepare for the site for this use i.e. access roads, changing facilities, offices etc. As a result, there would have to be a fee for people to ride on the site and there would have to be site rules that would have to be enforced by the marshalls. It appears that the principal attraction of “The Desert” site, to the majority of its users, is that it is free and unrestricted. Therefore it would not be seen to be a viable prospect for an investor to set up a legal site and invest large sums of money, as long as a large unrestricted area is available for free use right next door. In short, we need to eliminate the illegal use of “The Desert”, to make a professional site viable for an investor. The local Newark and Sherwood parish council is looking to earmark part of this land for this very use, should the illegal use be stopped. The people who want a legal site, but continue to ride illegally on “The Desert” are themselves preventing the very thing that they want.

So the police have become the enforcers of the will of commercial organisations then? So the police are little more than private security for big companies and the rich!

To respond to garyd, I would be upset if you did a donut on my lawn but I could either come and tell you you are trespassing, or I could build effective fencing to prevent you from getting there.
however If I owned acres and acres of land which is not being used at the weekend, then I probably wouldn't care what you did as long as I wasn't liable for any injury or accident.

Whereas, if they have marshaling and public liability insurance, then they *are* liable.

If I claimed to not be aware of the use of the land, then I wouldn't be liable. However if I wanted to make money from it, then I'd call the police... Rolling Eyes

Why aren't nottspolice out catching rapists and murderers! Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2