Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mito 350 - Project PMS update: Road test cretin engine

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 30 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: i have coils! just need a CDI and it should run.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Adrian89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:34 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forks fitted into the yokes, so I thought all was well, then when I went to fit the wheel (and speedo) it wouldn't fit between the two forks, there is a flange on one side that made the gap narrower than with mk 2 forks.
The evo has the forks spaced slightly apart with yokes to match, so the mk 2 wheel will fit if using a complete evo front end (forks and yokes). As far as I know the frame is exactly the same, so you just need to add evo yokes to your shopping list and you can still use the original wheel and speedo. I'm not sure if you have heard of mme motorcycles in london? They are a brilliant help when it comes to Mitos and kelvin there has tonnes of second hand spares in stock as well as brand new.
I purchased pristine evo forks from him for £80 (which he swapped for a set of mk 2s when we realised they didn't fit).
You could probably get the whole lot for him reasonably well priced.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the forks arrived a while ago. £60 for forks and both yokes.

both fitted, all i need is clipons, but ill get some 7/8 ones made up as its cheaper than spending like £15 on a pair.

the EVO forks are shorter by about 20mm, but the top yoke is thinner, so it balances itsself.
if i really wanted to, i would have machined the integral spacer on the RHS fork leg, but its easier to just get the whole lot. plus it looks better. the only problem i now face is finding a new place for my ignition switch to mount.

just trying to get it running. im shit with electrics. even with that diagram that was made for me, i still cant figure it out.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

my camera started randomly working out of the blue, so i took a few pics that are a bit higher resolution than the 1.3mp ones so far.

rear shock (yes i know the spring isnt very pretty but it was £30)
https://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7466/28062009332.jpg

more detailed view of the modified eyelet
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3819/28062009333.jpg

clutch side finished
https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8974/28062009334.jpg

hydraulic clutch thing fitted (it'll get cleaned when ive got it running nicely)
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1241/28062009335.jpg

my £50 carbs with filters. 240 main jets, so im not sure how well they'll work when its running
https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5033/28062009336.jpg

EVO yokes with damper mount ground off and all levery bits attached. surgeons didnt do a bad job of my foot Wink
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3423/28062009337.jpg

gear linkage rearset made and attached, working fine.
https://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7834/28062009338.jpg

generator side with a pretty new steel sprocket
https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6910/28062009339.jpg

EVO forks
https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5250/28062009340.jpg

side profile
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2730/28062009341.jpg

reary one
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5406/28062009342.jpg

other reary one
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5803/28062009343.jpg

next major update is getting the wheels done. painted up for nothing, but the tyres are like £120.

Last edited by mattsprattuk on 10:50 - 28 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:47 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera may be working but the pics aint.

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 10:48 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

picture phail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit keen? sorted now

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 10:56 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bit keen? sorted now

well, this is like the second most epic s+t thread ever.
(only beaten by sond's turbo)

how does the hydraulic clutch thing work? is it home made?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hydraulic clutch thing is a chinky pitbike modification thing, but ive had it apart, seems ok, and the seals are o-rings, which will be easy enough to source if they fail.

add a longer braided hose and it fits fine. im thinking about getting a different clutch MC for it though.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 11:04 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That modified shock eyelet looks like it can rotate on its mountings?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
That modified shock eyelet looks like it can rotate on its mountings?

i removed the bushing, machined a compression fitted sleeve, steel bolt through it tightened lots and ally welded on.

i doubt its going anywhere.

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

loookin good man this bike is gona be sweet when its done

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:13 - 28 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, Didnt see the welds.

Ben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 13 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i now have something that looks a little like a bike! got the wheels back, all painted up nicely by the lovely men i know.

new tyres, costing me fuckloads unfortunatly Sad £190 for the pair, bridgestone battlax 090's. they were the softest compound available apparantly.

eenyway, it looks quite pretty i think. it was a fucking hassle getting the wheels on in the confines of the room though. i ended up benchpressing the bike onto a chair supported by the exhausts then fitting the wheels that way. now im sweating like fuck everywhere.

anyway, pictures.

https://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6421/13082009031.jpg
https://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2386/13082009030.jpg
https://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8590/13082009029.jpg
https://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1605/13082009028.jpg
https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1113/13082009027.jpg

now i need to get the fucking thing running. thats all thats left to do! all the panels are good to go, and everything else is finished.
attach a few more things like brakes and its a goer.

hopefully thats the final costs done!

total spend, just under a grand including everything.
and i know for a fact that i'd get more for it if i sold it (which wont happen).

safe to say, im too big for it though. the height is good with the new shock, but its so cramped its unreal. all the weight on your arms, and the rears so high it makes the sidestand pretty much useless. better off laying it on its side, so a few spacers required im thinking, or just get it bent.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:04 - 15 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word on jetting:

I was told by someone in the know that you need to ditch the power jets on the F2 carbs to get decent power. What you do is drop ball bearings into the power jet tubes to stop them working and then run on orignal F1 jetting (240 mains IIRC).

Then, with 2-3 degrees of ignition advance, and decent exhausts you can have a very quick valve engine.

Your carbs don't look like they have powerjets though, which would explain the jetting. Good luck getting them to work without an airbox...

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 16 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. maybe make an airbox or something.

for now, get it running.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 29 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT HAS A FUCKING SPARK!!!

special thanks to stinkwheel for his excellently awesome diagram he made me ages ago.

salty21
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 29 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it run? need video now!

stunutmonkee
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:14 - 01 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pipes you using?

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 01 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunutmonkee wrote:
What pipes you using?

i think they're stan stevens GP pipes.
cost me £100

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:14 - 07 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play Matt this project is pretty fucking awesome, was aware you had been at this for a while but somehow I never stumbled across the thread.
Keep at it aye, doing well. Thumbs Up
However it is really quite annoying that you're able to get it done so much on the cheap and it all looks like it just fits into place like clockwork...

As opposed to with my bike, which won't run for more than a few months at a time without something fucking up,
said fucking ups being expensive while delaying the plans that I have for it,
again set back by the fact that it is my only bike...
This is why after killing Elisha, reviving her, having her in the college workshop for seven months,
overhauling everything and then riding for just 3 more before she threw yet another electrical hissy fit...
I can't be bothered to start the project thread.

I salute you Very Happy

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 07 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

its who you know, not what you know Wink should have said about the VFR a while back, i would have broken my NC30, but had no intrest so i sold it on.
give me a shout if you need anything engineering doing and ill see what i can do for a fraction of the cost.

makes me even more of a cunt, but ive made sure im close mates with a few sparkies, painters and clankys just for this sort of occasion.

saying that, the only stuff i havnt done is the welding, tyres and painting.

and has it fuck just slotted together, i just didnt write essays about filing for hours. took a total of about 3 days to fit the shock from making the mounts to it being physically fitted in place.

as it stands now, i need to find a replacement front end. the evo one is a shit conversion as so much would need jigging around for it to work properly, so ill put a MK2 one back on...

shame i fucking sold it.

so if anyone has a decent set of yokes from a mk2, then im all ears.

the evo forks will fit the MK2 yokes, and i'll get the fork end milled so it fits.

ballbag
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk, you got this thing started yet? I'm pretty excited, build logs keep me sane during normal working hours.

noddy350
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:56 - 08 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bike is looking good.

I have just got a Planet and I have a 350 YPVS. I think it is time the two became one!!! Dont think anyone has done the conversion to the Planet yet.

I am told the frame is the same as the Mito (hope so!!)

The shed should be arriving next week. Fit it out over Christmas and start the project in Jan.

CANT WAIT.

Is your's on the road yet??

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 13 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet frames are the same engine wise, but bear in mind it doesnt just slot straight in. it needs a pretty hefty bracket at the back, and one either side at the front.

anyway, since i've got my RD350 motherload of bikes and parts, i've regained intrest in this now.

just ordered these... £90 delivered. i made a post a while back looking high and low for some 2 stroke cans that didnt have the baby dick, and wernt oval motocrossy ones.

Twisted Evil
DEP S7 cans... apparantly pricey when new. a nice polish up and they'll be priddy.

https://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5366/bl6uew2kkgrhqyokkyetl8d.jpg

beats the shit out of those rocket launchers on it at the mo, and they'd better sound rude when they're fitted (and its running). just better hope the diameter of the pipe is similar (after i chop off the flanges on there at the moment).

and other than delving into my overdraft, i've cracked on with the front end problems that adrian89 addressed, and decided he was right, theres no feasable way of fitting a mk2 front end and having fairings, even with access to a full machine shop, so ive fitted the yokes back on and just need to source some forks Sad so any sellers of decent MK2 forks, let me know.

here it is after todays efforts. brake disc, tank, various other bits.
new yokes, but still the old forks Sad cant fit the speedo drive till i get the MK2 ones.

https://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2259/13022010021.jpg

had a sit today whilst playing motogp on the xbox, and its the most stupid riding position ever.
arse end right up, knees by your ears...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8