Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Supercharged gpz900 project

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Supercharged gpz900 project Reply with quote

Not mine i hasten to add, but one of my tutors at college.
Thought i would post it here as some might find it interesting..
I'll update the thread as it goes on.
Quote:
Hi,I am present putting an Eaton 45 supercharger on my GPZ 900r A1.This is the second gpz I have owned and it started with me wanting to put a wider boot on the back and just went on from that.If any body else is doing something similar and want to throw around some ideas let me know. As you can see it took a bit of fitting.I have planned to run this at 2bar so the engine internals are having to be modified a bit ( well loads ). Lets see if it breaks 300bhp?

https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/want-show-off-your-ride/31916d1253355084-supercharged-kawasaki-gpz900r-2009_0413bike20002.jpg

https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/want-show-off-your-ride/31917d1253355168-supercharged-kawasaki-gpz900r-2009_0413bike20005.jpg

https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/attachments/want-show-off-your-ride/31918d1253355234-supercharged-kawasaki-gpz900r-2009_0413bike20009.jpg

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's it going to get drive from the crank when its there?
or does it have a gay car alternator on it or something.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Thom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
how's it going to get drive from the crank when its there?
or does it have a gay car alternator on it or something.

Vehicle parts can be homosexual?

Or does gay mean something else now?
Perhaps it was a Freudian slip, and you are infact coming out?
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has to be worth rising to in order to get the desired response from me.
try harder next time.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I'm not sure tbh, i'll ask him tomorrow and let you know.

I know he has got a ZX10R front end to go on, ohlins steering damper and XJR1300 rear plastics.

Engine management is being sorted by another tutor, again i'll find out the details.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 17 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalforever wrote:
Vehicle parts can be homosexual?

Only if it's pink.

I'll be following this thread with great interest. Might even attempt something like this myself one day if it doesn't look stupidly complicated!

Also tell him he's going to need a longer swing arm, and a very expensive chain! Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 18 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaFrostyOne wrote:

Also tell him he's going to need a longer swing arm, and a very expensive chain! Laughing

Bollocks.

He is going to need a longer swingarm if he doesnt want the front to lift a lot, but he doesnt need a longer swingarm. Laughing Thumbs Up

I was suprised when this turned up on here then Nick, thought someone else had started the same project. Although someone could probably start and finish it before Mr D is done doing this one, Its about a year away I'd guess before something rideable rolls out of the workshop (about how long It'l take for you to do the CG aswell then Razz ).

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 18 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take him a while mate, but you know as well as i do it will be 100% spot on when it rolls out the workshop Thumbs Up

PS. Cheeky bastard, i actually did a bit more of the cg today, and will be carrying on on thursday and monday Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 19 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah It'll be mechanically flawless when its done, I dont agree with his proposed colour scheme though (surprise surprise). Laughing

Nice to hear progress being made, I challenge 'ye to a duel, well a kinda build race. Mr D said today that he wont be able to weld up my frame til after the next break and he isnt too keen on the idea anyway, so its coming home and its going to get the wrath of my arc welder.
Do ya recon you can put the cg back in one piece and MOT it before I build a bike completely out of non manufacturer similar spares? Razz

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 19 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a go mate Thumbs Up

A lot depends on bullying a certain tutor into welding it for me though..

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 19 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think Im going to take mine away and weld it myself? I know how long yours has been sat in there. Laughing

Cant fault him to be honest though, even when he does have spare time, I dont blame him for playing with the super9 instead of CG/ other ancient honda frames. Laughing

Cheers
John

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 01 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeez you two... each and every thread is an opportunity eh? Rolling Eyes
Well I'm trying to persaude Mr. D to get a few good pictures with the body offered up so that I can shop him some paintschemes. Razz

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 02 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
Jeeez you two... each and every thread is an opportunity eh? Rolling Eyes
Well I'm trying to persaude Mr. D to get a few good pictures with the body offered up so that I can shop him some paintschemes. Razz

Who let you on the internet again?

Get back to that CD200 and get it MOT'd already. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 237 days between these two posts...

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update to this thread. He has decided that a supercharger alone wont be enough, so its now got a turbo fitted aswell....

Link to his blog -
https://www.gpz9.me/

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatnck2 wrote:
Just an update to this thread. He has decided that a supercharger alone wont be enough, so its now got a turbo fitted aswell....

Link to his blog -
https://www.gpz9.me/

Severely dissapointed. What a sell out. Someone post appropriate waynes world pic.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:04 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on CHR15, post..

Laughing

Drag race between both bikes Cool

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:

Severely dissapointed. What a sell out. Someone post appropriate waynes world pic.

Have to agree. The workmanship is class but the site is just a rolling advert for his sponsors.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gotta give them something back in return in exchange for all the freebies Laughing

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 21:51 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

they gave him an eaton m24?!?!

who's cock is he sucking?

personally, i find projects where people just throw money at something a little boring.

i prefer seeing interesting back street engineering solutions (as the project started )

mindue, it should still be a very interesting and rare bike when done.

(even if it is bright yellow?!?! Embarassed )

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:

He is going to need a longer swingarm if he doesnt want the front to lift a lot, but he doesnt need a longer swingarm. Laughing Thumbs Up

I have been rereading this over and over and it still doesn't make sense

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they gave him an Eaton.
As to whose cock he is sucking, there are some questions that you just dont ask. Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
virus wrote:

I have been rereading this over and over and it still doesn't make sense

basically its gunna wheelie like a bastard with a standard swingarm, but he said he doesnt want to stretch the swingarm, he's a bit crazy like that. Thumbs Up

Cheers
John

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
mattsprattuk wrote:

Have to agree. The workmanship is class but the site is just a rolling advert for his sponsors.

Exactly. All the 'I wouldn't trust my bike parts with anyone else' tosh actually put me off reading it. So I read the pretty pictures instead.

Is this going to be a BGBT 2012 entry by any chance?

orac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:07 - 01 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokico brakes??? you wont trust anything other than ebc to stop the bike, take you have never riden a machine fitted with brembos.

my buddy rode a CBR1000 with radial tokicos' and would rather have the brakes off his 851, yeh brakes that are 20 years older.

honestly, use the ebc pads and discs but look into getting brembos calipers and master cylinder. and yes everyone will say they arent any more powerful, but there is more to brakes than just pure power.

just my 2 pence

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Oct 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.B.C. The only brake company on this planet I would trust to stop this bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3