Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

my blandit build

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:50 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: my blandit build Reply with quote

just thought id share my recent pics with you guys.

Im building this bike from the frame up. its a mk1 bandit 600 frame with gsxr srad 750 front end, early r6 subframe and tail and bandit 1200 swingarm and wheel.

still obviously needs painting, but not sure what im doing yet.
still need to top brace the swingarm and get that powdercoated black along with the frame.

https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/yankee_doodle_01/Project%20Streetfighter/P1040021.jpg

https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/yankee_doodle_01/Project%20Streetfighter/P1040024.jpg

i'll keep updates posted if I get any interest

Matt

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of that i do!

Somthing i would like to do, street fighter from the frame up!

What engine will you be using?

*watches with interest*
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 13:14 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work I like that!

Bandit 1200 swingarms fit straight in I believe, and they're already nicely braced up.

Then an 1100 gixxer engine and Robert's your Father's Brother.

Sweet project.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:53 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

groove, im gonna be using a bandit 600 engine for now.if i keep the bike long enough ill stick a 750 or a 1200 engine in at some point

Gazdaman wrote:
Good work I like that!

Bandit 1200 swingarms fit straight in I believe, and they're already nicely braced up.

Then an 1100 gixxer engine and Robert's your Father's Brother.

Sweet project.

Gaz

thanks Gaz. Ive already got a 1200 swingarm in. 1200 arms arent braced as standard though

OssY
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:03 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, something worthy of following with stalker like fashion..
Keep us updated..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 16:17 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I coulda sworn the 1200 swingarms were braced on the top. Never mind.

Definitely worth chucking an 1100 motor in there! Bandit 600 motors are what, 80bhp at best?

A hooligan bike needs a hooligan engine!

Gaz

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:22 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
I coulda sworn the 1200 swingarms were braced on the top. Never mind.

Definitely worth chucking an 1100 motor in there! Bandit 600 motors are what, 80bhp at best?

A hooligan bike needs a hooligan engine!

Gaz

yeh, bandit engine is only about 75/80 bhp. hooligan engine will follow at some point Very Happy

most of the gsxr swingers are braced.

michaelnabbi
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:45 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks the biz am nearing the end of a bandit project myself will post some pictures soon mine is a k1 but wish i had done an earlier model. will be watching with interest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking like it's going to be one nice bike. Thumbs Up

*notices the word 'streetfighter' and awaits Marjay's 'opinion' on the word to re-appear* Laughing

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 19:50 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, even though this is a Bandit, I reckon this is a proper streetfighter. Even more so when it gets an 1100 and clear covers.

Gaz

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:09 - 08 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, in some ways im reluctant to call it a streetfighter

and I often avoid the word full stop. it doesnt matter what its called, its my bike and ive changed it to something I like more

also, because you see so many bandits that are "streetfigters" because they have renthal bars and dominator headlights, another reason i avoid the word

hopefully though, with some snazzy paintwork and all the parts in, i will gain some peoples approval Smile

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:11 - 08 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh forgot to mention. swapping the current front wheel (bandit 6) for a hayabusa one.main reason is that the busa one fits straight in to the forks.

if i used the bandit wheel, i would need to have spacers made up.

also got a busa shock on the way. its taller than the bandit shock, so i may have to take my jackup kit out, we'll see how high the tail is first though eh Very Happy

should prove for a better feel to the bike anyway

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 23:33 - 08 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankeedoodle wrote:

Your Photobucket folder disagrees with you.

ben350
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:01 - 09 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

...at least its got some home done engineering and not just a case of putting those gash twin lights in and telling everyone 'its a streetfighter!' Wink Laughing

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:15 - 09 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
yankeedoodle wrote:

Your Photobucket folder disagrees with you.

i said im reluctant, not that i dont do it

JsyBoy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:43 - 16 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

you going to do some more work on the bike and post pictures or what?!!!

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 16 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has the thread got a red karma blob? there isn't any bad karma here!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/picture_1_190.png

Edit:
Add photos

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:26 - 16 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Couple of spam posts that I have removed and which the karma bot is being too dozy to notice are no longer here.

All the best

Keith

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:21 - 20 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys, been busy with work so not had much time for the bike!

although Im feeling rather gutted seeing every1 out on bikes enjoying the sun while mine is in pieces!

well anyhow, about the only progression ive made is fitting a busa shock. no modifications needed, just needed shoehorning in a bit!

going to be speaking to the local powdercoater in the next few days, and I'll get my frame in for "blackin"

wrestled with my new head bearings the other day, and managed to break the bottom one when I tried fitting it on to the steering stem. what a tight fit! going to reorder the bearing and get that fitted asap.

also got a busa front wheel, so that just needs discs and then thats another job done

once thats done, just need to cut off the old steering stops on the bottom yoke, and make new ones.then engine out, the old frame and into the new. and bodywork for painting. then im done Very Happy

also need a speedo of some sort, but I'll get round to that when I can
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 119 days between these two posts...

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 13:13 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ever finish this?

yankeedoodle
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:54 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still doing it lol

its undergone a few changes since, but will be done in the next few months

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got some more pictures? Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1