Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 11 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/662/gNVkN.png

Had a calm down cup of tea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 12 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my commiserations Pale

Good luck wit your third party Insurance claim. Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 12 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:

Drivers not getting done, Police say it would be hard to prosecute , him denying any wrongdoing.:

Well well What a surprise!

I would never advocate the use of prolonged and terrible terrible extreme violence!

Silly me thinking like that, you`re a biker, you`re bound to be in the wrong Sad

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 13 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the support guys, was worried sick before I rang my solicitors the other day and even they think it's ridiculous and said they'd happily put up a fight if his insurers don't admit liability.

Just keep in mind that if you ever have an at fault claim, insist you didn't see them and that they came out of nowhere as it appears to be an awesome defence Rolling Eyes

The whole driving without due care way before the accident happened is almost the equivalent of them saying "you got points in 2011 so you must be at fault!" Laughing

Hopefully it all gets sorted properly, otherwise I'm fucked Neutral

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 13 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suggest you put in a formal complaint to the IPCC concerning the pigs who are illegally trying to stitch you up and falsify your insurance case.

devojunior
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:59 - 13 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blau Zedong wrote:
devojunior wrote:
go to your local high street no win no fee place tell them your story he will lose no doubt fuck what the police or witness say they are all anti bikers anyway.

Thick cunt. Rolling Eyes

cheers pal Middle Finger

devojunior
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:05 - 13 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont need to go through your insurance to claim off theres, last year a car pulled out on me i told the guy i could fix the bike myself if he wanted to pay and hes said yeah thats fine.

he decided not to answer the phone so i went to the closest no win no fee claims shop, the next day had a brand new fiesta on my drive 2 weeks later a check for 1800 pounds for an 900 pound sv650 less 200 for buying the bike back.

6 weeks later recieved a check for 2000 pounds personal injury less 175 pounds for a scuff that needed painting on the fiesta courtesy car and not once did i tell my insurance as its my choice which solicitor i use and i chose not to use mine.

they later phoned me and said can you please ring the company you chose and wel take your claim on but id already been paid out so that was that.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:18 - 13 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

devojunior wrote:
you dont need to go through your insurance to claim off theres, last year a car pulled out on me i told the guy i could fix the bike myself if he wanted to pay and hes said yeah thats fine.

he decided not to answer the phone so i went to the closest no win no fee claims shop, the next day had a brand new fiesta on my drive 2 weeks later a check for 1800 pounds for an 900 pound sv650 less 200 for buying the bike back.

6 weeks later recieved a check for 2000 pounds personal injury less 175 pounds for a scuff that needed painting on the fiesta courtesy car and not once did i tell my insurance as its my choice which solicitor i use and i chose not to use mine.

they later phoned me and said can you please ring the company you chose and wel take your claim on but id already been paid out so that was that.

Do you notify your insurers of this claim?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 16 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny how the forks snapped my mates b600 did EXACTLY the same

trisers
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:36 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Do you notify your insurers of this claim?

Insurers require you to notify them of any claim...

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welshd1k wrote:
its funny how the forks snapped my mates b600 did EXACTLY the same

Suzuki cheese Laughing

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep you guys updated. Got my medical end of the month so hopefully that quickens things up a bit!

Got a fantastic letter off the police telling me they are willing to take £95 of my money instead of taking me court for driving without due care and attention.

I still plead my innocence with that aspect as even though they are right, they are linking it to the collision itself even though my moment of kitten killing was a good few mile away from the collision site and I have a feeling court would take their side. I also lose my licence if I get driving with due care so fuck that!

Can't do the course due to circumstances anyway but they expect me to have paid for it and booked a date within 28 days. Even though I have no income or bike.

I'm finding it all pretty funny really Laughing

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 17:22 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Can't do the course due to circumstances anyway but they expect me to have paid for it and booked a date within 28 days. Even though I have no income or bike...

If it's the sort of course that's an alternative to court you don't need any transport to do the course. This is as it's like going back to school. It's not like a BikeSafe observed ride. You just need to get yourself to and from the venue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so it's one of those bullshit theory ones? Well I'm gonna learn loads Laughing

"Always remember to give way to any car driver, no matter where they are or what they are doing. They are superior to you."

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:53 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Just to keep you guys updated. Got my medical end of the month so hopefully that quickens things up a bit!

Got a fantastic letter off the police telling me they are willing to take £95 of my money instead of taking me court for driving without due care and attention.

I still plead my innocence with that aspect as even though they are right, they are linking it to the collision itself even though my moment of kitten killing was a good few mile away from the collision site and I have a feeling court would take their side. I also lose my licence if I get driving with due care so fuck that!

The Police charged me with careless driving after some fuckwit pulled out in front of me.

They dropped the charges as soon as I pleaded not guilty.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:46 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have evidence of my "driving without due care" my issue is that it was about 5 minute prior to the crash and was unrelated but they seem to be linking the 2.

I'd love to fight it, but if it goes tits up I lose my licence over some cunt pulling out on me

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:13 - 16 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question.

I spoke to my solicitors on Friday and they said they sent off my claim the other week to just "test the waters" to see what the 3rd parties insurers would do so they could prepare if any fighting was required.

The 3rd party responded asking for my national insurance number, job occupation and also how long I was out of work due to the accident.

My solicitors could only say that going off my story alone it's looking good on my behalf, but couldn't say for definite if it was going to be a good outcome.

But am I right in believing that no fighting will be required, due to the questions the 3rd parties insurers are asking? Just seems to me that they want them so they can calculate how much it's going to cost them to pay me out.

Obviously my solicitors are going to inform them that I have lost my job as a result of the collision aswell so hopefully I'm compensated for that as it took 8 months of faffing about on Job Seekers until I got it. My solicitors did say it could be difficult though as I'd only just started whereas if I was there a year or 2, working out loss of earnings would be a lot more simple.

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:23 - 16 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:

But am I right in believing that no fighting will be required, due to the questions the 3rd parties insurers are asking? Just seems to me that they want them so they can calculate how much it's going to cost them to pay me out.

Not necessarily, I'm sure Arry will enlighten things but that is just one aspect of their claims department, finding out all the information before they prepare their case, and with that, a worse (or most expensive) outcome would need to be considered.

It sounds like a potentially good sign, but don't get too fixated over it meaning they're rolling over.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 16 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view, I just don't see why they would take the piss as it just costs them more money in the end.

But if they do come to a conclusion and I'm not happy with it, I will be doing all I can to get it sorted my way as it is pretty clear cut. He pulled out, impact speed was 30mph so within the speed limit of the road. There's no way they can actually blame me for that.

Still annoys me about the driver not getting any sort of bollocking. As far as I'm concerned, it's practically attempted manslaughter?

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 19 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police rang to explain that I have 2 days to pay for the RIDE course or it goes court. I explain that I've no money and hope they come up with a solution and got told "it will go court then" so it looks like bye bye licence for me! Oh the joy!

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 19 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

krarkol wrote:
Police rang to explain that I have 2 days to pay for the RIDE course or it goes court. I explain that I've no money and hope they come up with a solution and got told "it will go court then" so it looks like bye bye licence for me! Oh the joy!

Don't understand why you don't want to fight it, but instead just give up. At least try mate, what have you got to lose as in your eyes you've no license at the end of either scenario?

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 20 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do the course and keep my licence, premiums will go up and mean insurance is just not worth it yes. But I still have a licence and the premiums will come down again and after 5 years it's none of their business anyway.

If I go court, I'll definitely lose my licence. I have 6 points that go away at the end of the year but the court case will be before that so I'll definitely lose my licence. Then have the hassle of doing the tests to get it again and declaring a revoked licence to insurers.

The main point is though that I shouldn't even be in this situation, I was given a warning for the wheelie. Due to someone else's incompetence, it got dragged back up and was used against me so I'm now being kicked while I'm down all because some idiot, who isn't getting done for anything, didn't look properly

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:57 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of an update. I'm fuming and I want blood.

Coppers and solicitors seem to be really incompetent. Copper has written the police report in a way that I get the blame.
Witness claimed I "screamed past at tremendous speed, way over 50+mph" and he was about 50ft from the crash. Police claim the impact was 30mph. I braked probably not much more than 10ft from hitting the car so I highly doubt I was doing 50+. Which ties in with my story that I was on a collision course with the front but swerved to the left and hit the rear drivers side wheel.
Witness also claims the car was "halfway across the road" when I hit him. I asked if this meant the whole road or my lane, because if he meant road then I couldn't hit him due to the central reservation/path. One thing thats overlooked is the speed the car pulled out. I'm guessing police and solicitors must have assumed he's pulled out at a crawl but I recall one second he was at the give way line, the next he's shooting out in front of me.

A telephone conference was set up with a barrister and she advised my solicitor that I'd lose in court due to what the witness said, as I can't say for definite that I was going 30mph or below. Mainly because I can't really remember and also I was too busy looking at a car that I was expecting may pull out.

Solicitors have said best they can do is offer 50/50 but if the 3rd party rejects this then I have no leg to stand on. They can do one. So I'm currently in the process of transferring it all to White Dalton who sounded shocked about what the barrister has said. They are saying it sounds like I could get away with around 20% blame depending on how much of a factor the potential speed may be.

My injuries also don't add up with a crash at "tremendous speed" and I only landed around 20ft away after pretty much clearing the car (think I may have smashed my big toe on the car though Laughing)

Included a lovely paint diagram and a pic showing what the other cnuts view would have been like for your viewing pleasure.

On the "crash junction" image. The witness was stood where the back of the blue bus is sticking out to the right. The car shot out when I was around 2-3 metres back from where it says "A5085".
Pretty good view for him not to have seen me...although a few reckon he probably saw me and took a chance.

If I lose, I can see this escalating quickly.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a mug for saying you couldn't remember how fast you were going. You basically left your cave without your spear and are now fuming because a racoon bit your ass.

Darwinism.

krarkol
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 10 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police made out they had some sort of evidence that I had done. I couldn't remember so instead of lying and getting shafted, I told the truth and ended up getting shafted. I'd never really dealt with the police before except for getting caught speeding by mobile camera vans. I didn't really see why people had the "fuck the police" opinion till now Laughing

All part of the learning curve I guess.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3