Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF Euro Jolly 2015 July 11th - 20th (edit17/6)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: BCF Euro Jolly 2015 July 11th - 20th (edit17/6) Reply with quote

After the huge success of the 2014 euro jolly where 16 BCF members made it out to the continent and at least 15 made it back, a 2015 is going to happen.

It will be bigger and better, this means longer and further.

I propose 3 days making our way down to Switzerland via France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany, into the east side of swiss from the east side and along the san bernardino pass to san bernardino where we stay for 3? days before heading back a slightly different route, passing by the nurburgring on route.

This avoids swiss motorways and the need to buy a £30 ish road tax plus the non motorway roads are much more fun.

This year, I have a rule. You must have a full licence and have held it for at least 6 months prior to the trip, have covered 1000 miles by bike and at least one day of 200 miles plus.

This is for your own benefit and comfort. Noobs who have never done more than 200 miles in a day will find out just how painful and mind killing doing a long distance can be and with a group of people going, this is in every ones interest. 350 miles on one day seems a lot but we've done it, with relative ease, you just need to be sensible.

Restricted bikes are fine, we had 2 go on the last one and it was no problem at all.

For sanity. i think a limit of 20 people, parking did get a little interesting with 16, more than 20 might become a serious issue.

I'm looking into prices and hoping for group discounts on stuff like channel crossing, hotels etc.

So, i'm looking for names, let me know who is interested, seriously and you'll be on the list, those that came this year will have preference if there are excessive numbers.

As i',m looking for numbers and names to arrange discounts, i'll be looking for deposits, to book, these should be with abta insured places in case they go pop but if you pull out yourself, it's unlikely you'll get the deposit back unless someone takes your place, then they pay a deposit, you get yours back.

Deposit's won't be wanted until it's all arranged, prices are secured and dates confirmed.

Proposed dates. Meeting at Ashford services on the M20 on the morning of Saturday 20th June 2015. This may me moved to friday or sunday to accommodate lower prices/capacity.
*Proposed new dates June 11th - 20th

P&O ferry to Calais from dover then 175 miles to near sedan to a F1 hotel (4hrs).
Sunday 230 miles to Strasbourg to a F1 for the night
Monday, 270 miles to San bernardino via a couple of hours in Zurich, Switzerland for a wander round
Tues, wed in swiss,
Thurs, 220 miles to munich, stay somewhere outside the city for cheapness.
Friday 350 miles to nurburgring
Sat, day at and around nurburgring
Sunday, 230 miles to Lille f1 Karting, on the evening
Monday 29th june, 65 miles to calais and ferry home.

Ferry looking like £60 return, f1 hotels will range from £20 - £30 per night and you may well need to book these yourself as per the last trip, hotel in swiss for a single will be about £35 per night, less per person if you share a twin but this is being looked into.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

Last edited by Marmalade on 10:12 - 17 Jun 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I'm in.

Really hoping it avoids exams next year.

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to book my next holiday, but if I can have that time off I will join the group. Will travel alone Razz
Put me down as a maybe Rolling Eyes Laughing

Need to add tho:
Since I will be doing the 270 mile stretch from mine to Dover and there will be another 175 miles from Calais to bla bla, I will most likely meet you in France. Stop at the Calais F1 the night before.

Last edited by Dilyan on 16:26 - 07 Jun 2014; edited 1 time in total

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not interested, it was dull nothing happened, was totally bored.

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had a good one (apart from wotsthestory) this year. Put me down as a maybe.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wotsthestory wrote:
Nope, not interested, it was dull nothing happened, was totally bored.

It's because ur old, miserable bastard. Laughing
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of doing a similar trip in September if anyone is interested in coming along

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:
It's because ur old, miserable bastard. Laughing
Less of the old.

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to do this (and will have a faster bike/A2 licence by next year). I'm in if I can avoid exams at college as it's right around the end of the academic year, so could be mad busy.

I'm up 'Norf though (Cheshire) so I'd probably ride down the day before if I came and stay overnight somewhere cheap near the crossing.

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably cheaper to get over to calais the day before and stay in a F1 for £25.

-Helen-
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:46 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in, the last one was fab. Very Happy

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like Saturday-Sunday (or even Friday night) would be best and a couple of rest days in there somewhere to allow for a pissup etc. would be good. This would mean those that work Mon-Fri only need 5 days holiday.

Also, out of interest, why Ferry? Tunnel is fab, fast and cheap for bikes.

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing like you even need to ask..
Defo up for it, maybe I'll stop at Calais with Dillon the night before.
Work is pretty cool about holidays etc so no probs there.
Thumbs Up
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a way off though eh?

Last edited by wots on 22:42 - 07 Jun 2014; edited 1 time in total

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind coming along for this one.

Is BigDan going?

https://i.imgur.com/RZhAVX6l.jpg

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to be doing another definite/maybe list then put me down for a definite. Work is always fine with holdiays so I won't have any problems there. Hopefully, I will also have a faster bike by then, but worst case is the CB will be de-restricted.

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dates clash with Glastonbury Sad Hmm ...

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long way and taking 3 days involves some decent mileages, so 3 days there to explore and drop into italy would be about right, coming home sunday can be done but would mean 2 days in swiss as reducing the travel days isn't a realistic option.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobRider wrote:

The correct answer is obvious.

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

monteme0 wrote:
noobRider wrote:

The correct answer is obvious.

Don't think there was a questions, more like a statement Wink

Just quoting Neil, nothing else Rolling Eyes

Peirre oBollox
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 07:31 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long day in the saddle, why not up the accommodation from rock bottom budget F1 to something like a logis style hotel. then at least the group will be somewhere more central than an industrial estate on the edge of town, and a better comfort level. With the benefit of restaurant and bar within the logis. Hell even campanile budget hotels tend to have a restaurant adjacent to them

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the cost is a major part in these trips, spending an extra £150 for a week away adds a decent %, some people on last weeks trip did the whole thing including fuel for only £300.

There are restaurants near most f1's and were at both we stayed at last week.

If people want to spend a grand on a trip so they can have a mini kettle in their room there are plenty of options, these are tours on a budget they wouldn't otherwise have gone on.

gmc38609
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:19 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put my name down Marm Thumbs Up

gmc38609
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:22 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put my name down Marm Thumbs Up

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 08 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accommodation was fine, but a break in the middle to regroup would help.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10