Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bit of advice - valium/contraceptive pill

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Raffles_Gentleman Thug
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:12 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: bit of advice - valium/contraceptive pill Reply with quote

no, not a mix up or anything.

basically my flatmate has been having erratic mood swings and getting angry/upset a LOT this past month. She's just gone on the pill and said it's made her go a bit funny before, so is this something temporary girls/guys who know about this sorta thing?

Also, she's been taking valium on average 4-5 times a week to sleep, can this have similar side effects?

I'm not oblivious to the drug world and used to use the odd class a on nights out when i was a bit younger, and i know you get mood swings and depression from taknig speed/ecstasy for a long time, can a similar thing happen with valium?

thanks guys

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:42 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about valium but the pill could certainly be causing mood swings. If she has only just started taking it then her hormones are going to be very up and down while her body adjusts to it. I recently came off the pill after 4 years of being on it, and I was very up and down for a while, not for as long as I was when I first started taking it though!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:55 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, she's been taking valium on average 4-5 times a week to sleep, can this have similar side effects?

I am not a Doctor but..

This is not a good thing. Valium is a major neuroleptic tranquiliser, it is also habit forming and can cause acute withdrawal symptoms if stopped abruptly. Don't know any of her history, I seriously hope they are on prescription and that if they are, the Doctor knows what he is doing and is not just being lazy.

I would not have thought it was a good drug to treat sleep disorders. It can actually cause sleep disorders and in some cases can trigger clinical depression.
Data Sheet

How long has she been on them?

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...

PostPosted: 22:59 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
I recently came off the pill after 4 years of being on it, and I was very up and down for a while, not for as long as I was when I first started taking it though!

You thinking of childbirth now, are you Katie ?

Don't do it Wink

Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids Razz Wink

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:44 - 09 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooo no no. It just wasn't making me feel very good. Went for the injection instead.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:37 - 10 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it wasn't with the meat needle...

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 12:54 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pill is causing mood swings she will have to go back to the doc to get a different combination pill.Sounds to me that the hormone levels in the pill she dont suit her,easily fixed by transfering to a different combination.

While she is there I would also recommend she discusses the Vally taking, not a good idea to become dependant on them to get sleep as stinkwheel said.Valium will just mask her sleep problems without helping to solve the underlying reason, and eventually the problems they cause will outweigh the problem she originally had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:30 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH i think taking both is a waste of time......the pill wont work because of the valium......so does she wanna sleep or get pregnant?
Not 100% though but pretty sure valium will make the pill useless

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valium and lager... now there was a summer lost when I was 18. Cool

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says in my BNF (drug book for healthcare professionals) that diazepam is not recommended to treat insomnia for anything longer than three weeks (and preferably only one week). If your mate has taken it for longer than this, she should consult her GP as sudden withdrawal can cause problems (think cold turkey). I couldnt find anything indicating that diazepam and the pill cannot be taken together though. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 09:38 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
Not sure about valium but the pill could certainly be causing mood swings. If she has only just started taking it then her hormones are going to be very up and down while her body adjusts to it.

Yea, my GF recently went on the pill and as soon as she started taking it she we had one of the biggest arguements ever, and was really about nothing and she kept crying but when we talked there wasnt an issue?!?!

I think you need to tread on egg shells around your parner/friend if the start taking it, i really can make them change mood quickly Thumbs Down

not she about the sleeping pills but they are addictive AFAIK and too much of a good thing is bad!!

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 12:04 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
Noooo no no. It just wasn't making me feel very good. Went for the injection instead.

wouldnt recommend this to anyone! I went up to a size 20 in 12 months on it! Crying or Very sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you know that when you shag her while she's asleep she won't get pregnant.
Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1