Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Are you legal?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Are you legal
Yes I'm 100% OK
64%
 64%  [ 134 ]
I'm riding without Ls on a provisional
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
I'm riding an unrestricted bike on a restricted licence
21%
 21%  [ 45 ]
I have no licence or am banned but still ride
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I have no insurance
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
I have no MOT
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
At least two of the above
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
I'm not legal for some other reason (not no tax)
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 209

Author Message

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Are you legal? Reply with quote

Seems we have a few naughty boys (and girls?) in here.

I was just wondering how legal or otherwise some of you actually are?

Obviously don't post details, but I'd be curious if you could vote in the poll.

I don't care about road tax, but just wondered about the rest.

Thanks!
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bikes derestricted, apart from that im legal
____________________
Rieju MRX 50 Castrol Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to consider editing that? Wink

Like I said, you never know who may be reading this so I'm not looking to know who is/isn't. I was just curious to get the overall picture.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snake Eyes
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:07 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm completely legal Thumbs Up Very Happy
____________________
**************Honda CBR 600 FR***********
Just another day in paradise - Enjoy it while it lasts
www.brain-ache.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the amount of should i / how do i derestrict my bike threads you see on here each week im really not too worried Laughing
____________________
Rieju MRX 50 Castrol Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about race cans, small plates, dark visors? Do you count them?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:13 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my 'friend' has just finished his restriction period, but they were never in. And hes got a full sports system on his bike (naughty)

Damn it, ive just realised im pretty much legal now Crying or Very sad

How dull
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

landy.s11a
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
What about race cans, small plates, dark visors? Do you count them?



Ah now theres a can of worms, I have all 3 but I still polled 100% legal Confused
____________________
"Speed:The thing about speed is that you can't catch the people who've attained it to ask them how they got so fast. You chase them day after day, until you find yourself getting closer. Then you catch them, and realize that your question has just been answered."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:
What about race cans, small plates, dark visors? Do you count them?


Not legal for other reasons. Thumbs Up

Personally I wouldn't count them, but I suppose the law does so stick 'em there!
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:22 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have four from the list. Well, three but they void my insurance i think.

Jack
____________________
www.bikepics.com/members/jackcheese <--- NOW FOR SALE! 51 Plate Cagiva Planet 125
Quacker_boy: "Jack, you really are a dick!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were my inspiration for the poll Jack.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the option of being legal in about 3min

Good old removable baffles, so I voted legal.
____________________
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I count myself as legal, except I do wear a dark visor, but carry a clear visor with me.. That, to me, isn't an illegality, it's common sense.

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass muster at a police stop other than my failure to display my tax disc (which I have).

There is the whole can of worms of modifications and their declaration or otherwise to the insurance company to consider though.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past my 2 year restriction and i have tax mot insurance but small plate loud exhausts and a tinted visor. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been caught a couple of times in the past for stuff like no insurance. Looking back i got of very lightly but it was enough to make me realise it's not worth it. So 100% legal now
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have the option for me.

I'm insured and MOT'd (I'd never rider without either of those) but dont have tax yet. Not that I could really give a stuff about tax, as thats just a big con as road tax doesn't get spent on the road, it gets spent on illegal immagrants and stuff.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race can and a 8x2" plate on the Thunderace but since my 2 year restriction ended last month l,ve been legal lience wise l never restricted any of the bikes l owned during the period.
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

element
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm my rear tyre is borderline illegal. Starting to lose the tread a bit...
____________________
04' DT125RE (run-a-bout) // 89' DT125R (rebuilt + supermoto conversion)
SPARES FOR SALE. 2RK TZR // 82 DR125 // DT125R/E .... PM ME...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legal, in two months when my restriction is up I will get it de-restricted.
I'm a good boy.
____________________
04 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K4 - Sex on wheels :>
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6178/sig6dc.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full power CBR at 17 Thumbs Up Mr. Green


18 on Tuesday Shocked Shocked
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrestricted bikes from when i was 17, and i done a naughty bit of drink riding on the scootay comming home from the pub ealier.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding without restriction isn't just that incase some of you werent aware.

It mean's you are riding a bike you are unlicensed to ride and also uninsured to ride. Even if you have insurance it is effectively redundant. This assume's that following an accident the police/insurance co follow this up.
____________________
Pictorgraphicalfantastical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% legal apart from loud pipe and occasional sensible dark visor usage.

when I was restricted to 33bhp, my restrictors fell out after a year. my bike didn't make that much more than 33bhp anyway.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

for now but those tyres are looking awfully worn , but still above the legal limit .
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.69 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 136.77 Kb