|
|
| Author |
Message |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:00 - 02 Jun 2006 Post subject: bugger, I can't get Civ 4 to run on my laptop. |
 |
|
Been looking forward to playing Civ 4 for yonks. Got it today in the post, from eBay. Loaded it up okay, plays fine except.....
I can't see any land. It appears just as a black void. In both tutorial and single player game. Yet if I use my mouse wheel to scroll out, I can see an ariel view of the map.
I thought I had the minimum requirments, my laptop, a Fujitsu Seimens as a 1.4ghz Pentium 4 processor, and 256mbRAM, but I don't know what video card.
It runs everything else okay, just this problem with the map, it runs Civ 3 without any problems.
any ideas what I can do to get the game to run on this laptop, or should I just give up?
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lawnie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lawnie Nearly there...

Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lawnie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lawnie Nearly there...

Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thx1138 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thx1138 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:49 - 03 Jun 2006 Post subject: . |
 |
|
aww bollocks. I'll stick the game in a cupboard until I get a second hand computer in a couple of years time, that will run it. Thanks anyway. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lawnie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lawnie Nearly there...

Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:04 - 03 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well when you do, plenty of the Radeon and nVidia cards support HW T&L  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mal Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|