|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Amorphous |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Amorphous Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 05 Jun 2006 Post subject: CBT in Scotland |
 |
|
Basically put: any recommendations on where to do CBT? I'm coming from Highland Perthshire but thankfully have a patient father who is apparently not adverse to the idea of driving me somewhere at 7.30am to get to the training centre for 9.
Up until recently I'd been thinking of Pro-Scot in Kirkcaldy on the basis that renting full gear is included in the price (I don't even own any strong boots), and also I have a friend living there so if need be I can crash overnight (unfortunate phrase) at his flat. Then I did a search on here and the only mention I found about Pro-Scot was someone saying that the entire CBT experience was terrifying and they got shouted at by the instructor. So now I'm a bit worried!
On a semi-related note, does anyone know how long it typically takes the DVLA to send out a provisional license? Their website says 'up to 15 working days' which I'm taking to mean three weeks. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| HermanTheShee... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 HermanTheShee... World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:48 - 05 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The DVLA are a bit random, when I passed I got my new licence in 6 days
As for the CBT, don't worry too much about it, if someone shouts at you ask for a different instructor. For the money they have to get you to a level where you are safe, regardless of how long it takes.
And what was this other person doing to get shouted at?
Where abouts are you? If you look around you might find somewhere closer. ____________________ 2004 Suzuki GS500F > 2006 Suzuki SV650S
My real name isn't Herman |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Amorphous |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Amorphous Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 02 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 05 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The person who I thought was being shouted at was the thread that Toby R linked to - reading it again, it looks like I may have got the wrong end of the stick a little bit. I know there are some places closer to me than Kirkcaldy but some of them (Perth, for example) don't seem to provide full equipment. Also Pro-Scot is the only one I've ever had recommended to me (by a Perth dealer!). I suppose mostly I'm just hunting for any particularly good experiences.
instigator, thanks for the tip - I was wavering between here and the Scottish section but in the end posted here in case I caught a few ex-pats or something of the sort.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|