 ZZR Girl Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:12 - 02 Jun 2006 Post subject: Just wanted to say thanks |
 |
|
I cant remember where I read it but it was on this forum somewhere. It was all about techniques when braking and changing down through the gears quickly, then when you got to first, flick it up into neutral just as you stop.
Sometimes when stopping at traffic lights, I used to put my feet down too early before the bike had come to a proper stop. Now that I'm using the above technique, I find that I am braking better and coming to a much smoother stop and not putting my feet down too early, because my R foot is constantly on the back brake whilst the L is occupied with the gears. It also means that I'm not having to do the Hendon Shuffle!
I don't know if this is the right way to do it or not, but it's certainly made my stopping better so thanks to whoever posted the original information  ____________________ Keep it shiny! |
|
 tomkapsalis Trackday Trickster

Joined: 06 Jun 2006 Karma :    
|
|
 Mozzer Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:15 - 07 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Link? I'd like to read it  |
|
 ZZR Girl Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|