Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Am I lucky or what?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Bandito
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Am I lucky or what? Reply with quote

I got a Dell 2005FPW a couple of months back and I had an issue with backlight bleeding in the corners. I rang Dell and kicked off about it and they said its not a problem replacing it, I demanded a new one rather than a refurbished one, to which they agreed. The Dell phone people were in India and it was very frustrating arranging this exchange. They said 7-10 days for the swap. So on the 7th day I packed up the monitor to wait for the guy to arrive to swap the old with the new on the doorstep. I had to go to work and the wife went to the gym... but she rang me to say when she got home the next door neighbour said a parcel had been given to her to give to us... sure enough it was the new monitor to replace my old one.... so they never picked up my old one as noone was in to give it to him. Anyway, Dell rang me to arrange pick up of my old knackered monitor for the 2nd June (today). I got home and they had brought me a 2407FPW, the 24 inch version of the one I had but its also the latest model (2007)... I couldn't believe it.. theres a £400 price def between the two!! Anyway, the delivery guy came and collected my old one today without any problems.. I am still using this behemoth of a 24" monitor and thus far Dell haven't got in touch about it.... I will give it to the end of next week before I seriously think I have gotten away with it Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Am I lucky or what? Reply with quote

Bandito wrote:
I got a Dell 2005FPW a couple of months back and I had an issue with backlight bleeding in the corners. I rang Dell and kicked off about it and they said its not a problem replacing it, I demanded a new one rather than a refurbished one, to which they agreed. The Dell phone people were in India and it was very frustrating arranging this exchange. They said 7-10 days for the swap. So on the 7th day I packed up the monitor to wait for the guy to arrive to swap the old with the new on the doorstep. I had to go to work and the wife went to the gym... but she rang me to say when she got home the next door neighbour said a parcel had been given to her to give to us... sure enough it was the new monitor to replace my old one.... so they never picked up my old one as noone was in to give it to him. Anyway, Dell rang me to arrange pick up of my old knackered monitor for the 2nd June (today). I got home and they had brought me a 2407FPW, the 24 inch version of the one I had but its also the latest model (2007)... I couldn't believe it.. theres a £400 price def between the two!! Anyway, the delivery guy came and collected my old one today without any problems.. I am still using this behemoth of a 24" monitor and thus far Dell haven't got in touch about it.... I will give it to the end of next week before I seriously think I have gotten away with it Thumbs Up


My brother's work has a contract with dell to do a lot of there support stuff - AFAIK this sort of problem happens quite often.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are selling a Monitor then? ^_^
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisw
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:17 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens all the time here!

We ordered a few PCs with 17" TFTs and got 20" wide screen ones with them instead....no one complained!

We also bought in a 3007WFP and had a load of problems finding a suitable graphics card....Dell first supplied us with a higher spec PC to try it with, that didn't work...so they supplied a suitable graphics card to go with it which did work....all in all over £1k worth of free gear to get the TFT working!

Can't fault them Thumbs Up Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bandito
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

still got the monitor, no phone call as of yet Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.9 Kb