 jonboy22 Crazy Courier

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:05 - 08 Jun 2006 Post subject: Advice on haggling please |
 |
|
About to buy a K4 GSX-R600. Its a private sale advertised at £3995. 4000 odd miles, black, blue flame tri oval exhaust, pretty dishy basically.
Technically speaking I'd be more than happy to cough up that much for such a beautiful machine but the scrooge in me says, "no way Jose", haggle haggle and then haggle a little more.
So anyone know a good starting point? I was thinking of being a cheeky git and going in at 3250 and working up to 3600. 3600 would be ideal as thats about 10% which is what I think most peeps aim for. Will do my best to look for things that might lower the price (it has orange powder coated wheels, could knock some off for that, then again it might look trick), any advice?
Regardless I'll be riding away on it but was just hoping to pinch a little on the price to spend on a new pair of boots and maybe Pedrosa's lid......
Cheers all
 |
|
 jok Scooby Slapper

Joined: 06 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:01 - 08 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have a look at the bike and find any and all faults you can (including things not quite as advertised). Ask about consumables (oil, tyres, chain/sprockets, etc), look for scratches/paint damage that wasn't mentioned (and couldn't have been reasonably expected), and go from there. Basically, any minor niggle can help. Ask if a wadge of cash (as opposed to a cheque or similar) would knock some off as well. Short of money off, you might also be able to scrounge some other extras if you ask for them (Haynes', spares, etc.).
Do check whether the add said "ono" or similar, though. Trying to haggle when it says "no offers" will not earn you any good will . ____________________ CG125 (stolen->recovered!) || Wars do not decide who's right, only who's left. |
|
 suzi_bandit Traffic Copper

Joined: 21 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:46 - 08 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I bought my bike I went running up to the seller waving a wad of cash in the air.
He took one look at me, let out a couple of tut tuts and said "You're going about it all wrong luv, that ain't the way to buy a bike. You have to haggle with me and knock the price down!"
Maybe you want to give it a go too?  ____________________ I want a big boys bike, preferably a Speed Triple. To date I have ?7:42p stashed away to put towards one. Need to get it in the bank & earning interest asap. |
|
 0ddball World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|