 Khan L Plate Warrior
Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:08 - 11 Jun 2006 Post subject: Honda VFR 800 maybe? |
 |
|
Decided on buying a Honda VFR as fist bike for commuting but have limited budget.
Went to see this one:
https://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/bikes_search.asp?page=1&nU=0&make=HONDA&model=VFR&ccappr=&min_pr=75&postcode=cr2%206al&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1
It's the 98 800 Fi-W for £1750. It's done nearly 50K and when I got there the chap had already started it up. I know there are problems with the regulater/rectifier on these bikes and eventually asked if he had a problem with it and said never. Later on he said that it would need a new battery and that he'd charged it up over night, which makes me think this is a regulater/rectifier problem.
I reckon I would have to knock £250 off to get that sorted and then another £200 to sort out the old down pipes, as well as look at another £100 for steering bearings.
Any thoughts? Leave alone, perhaps, being the obvious?
Thanks very much. ____________________ JP |
|
 Nb World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:46 - 11 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I dont know anything about vfr's but surely its not a good sign when they warm it up before you get there.  ____________________ Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use! |
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|