 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:41 - 12 Jun 2006 Post subject: making a set of recovery cds on a new laptop. |
 |
|
We've just got a new laptop & we've discovered that we have to make a set of recovery cds for it. I've just had a look at instructions and it says we can only make 1 set. This seems a bit odd to me as i'd prefer to make 2 sets to be on the safe side. Is there a reason that I can only make 1 set? If I can only make 1 set then whats to stop me copying them to hdd on my other pc & burning extra copies should I need to?
The instructions are a bit on the vague side!!  |
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:16 - 12 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Copyright law allows you to make 1 copy as a backup.
In reality, do whatever the hell you like. ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:04 - 12 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
They've got a fucking cheek. You buy a new pc with windows pre installed and you expect to recieve a windows disk, oh no, you have to make your own.
Imagine going to pich up a brand new bike and being told that you have to get your own keys cut as they're not supplied.  |
|