Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Got my CBT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Got my CBT Reply with quote

Well, I passed my CBT yesterday and I've got to say it could possibly be the greatest decision I've ever made. I feel like I've found "my thing" in life now Thumbs Up I just seem to have taken to it.

There were two other riders besides myself and only 2 bikes so we would alternate who was pillion on the instructors bike (who was top bloke btw). It took a while for one of the other riders to get the hang of it, she was on her second CBT and I don't think the instructor wanted to have to fail her so we had a really extended course to make sure she was ok (It was 2 1/2 hours in the yard and 2:45 on the road, so my clutch hand is aching somewhat this morning)

I was chosen to lead the pack out of the centre which was a little more than nerve racking because its on 60mph road, I didn't really know the area and I hadn't been above 15mph in 2nd Shocked . So I made the right turn (after mistakenly going to turn left and having to back it up a bit) and heard "GO GO GO" so I whacked back the throttle and started climbing through the gears, I was well impressed with the way the thing pulled (Suzuki EN125) but I've got to admit the first time I did that I did get a little bit scared (in a good way obviously). We took the bikes over to an industrial estate to practise manouvers like U-Turns and Emergency Stops and then get round a few roundabouts and just basic turning.

I jumped off and let another student on the bike to do their manouvers and then went pillion as we went down Knowsley Lane (for those that know it) to the big roundabout at the top towards Prescot. We did a U-Turn and went back towards the industrial estate, then everyone pulled over and I jumped on a bike and continued to lead us towards the Industrial Estate.

This is when I got my first real fright.....

A black Corsa stopped in their side of the road and signalled right to cut across my path......

I had no idea if they had seen me or not so my heart beat stepped up a couple of notches and I rolled off the throttle and covered my brakes - Luckily it had seen me (as if you're not going to see a convoy of bikes led by a fat bloke wearing flurescent jackets, but hey ho you don't think of these things at the time).

We went back to the industrial estate for some more practise before heading off on a decent ride down some country roads - Thats where it started getting really interesting and I got really in to it, I just couldn't help thrashing the bike out of a corner and on to a straight (traffic lights were the same). You know when you're going round a bend and see the exit, then you roll on the throttle as hard as you can, straighten up and climb the gears? THAT REALLY IS THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD Thumbs Up

I ran out of petrol coming out of one bend and had to pull over and switch to reserve, then we started heading back to the centre and it was only as we got 3 or 4 roads away, that it dawned on me....

I'm now a biker Cool Thumbs Up

I've decided not to get a 125 and do my DAS instead, so hopefully, I'll be getting myself something with a bit more grunt and might see some of you on the roads in the next few months.

Thanks for listening to all my rambling,

Silva
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Trickypl4
Nova Slayer



Joined: 21 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just completed my cbt 1 week ago today so know what you feel like. The bike I did mine on was a 54 plate but was in an absolute state, I mean a right mess.

I'd already bought a bike and it was sitting in the garage, so when I got back I went straight out on mine. This was a good idea I think as I was still a bit nervous.

I ride mine back and forth to work every day which is a round trip of about 8 miles, but so far I've managed to take detours almost every day which turns it into 15 miles. Just because I want to keep on riding Very Happy

Glad you're enjoying it mate Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember what is supposed to be for , learning and a stepping stone to a proper licence ,
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, thats my plan now to get my propper license
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lawnie
Nearly there...



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many leaners get the chance to experience being a pillion during their CBT. So once you pass your full test you'll have more consideration for your passenger, which is all good Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

eddthompson
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

did my cbt on tuesday, was a weird experience, felt very natural on the bike, totally unexpected. Only problem i had was leaving the indicators on, and balance on the bike........while stopped lol, fine on the move, turns in the road all fine, but when stopped, wibble wobble Smile

got my das at the end of the month, cant wait!!

edd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indicators were a real pain at first, i'd try to cancel the signal and instead flick them too far so the other one would come on, and then trying to cancel that one 2/5 times I'd do the same again Embarassed

I've heard heavy handed but heavy thumbed?!
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sagalout
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they werent 'push cancel' indicators? ie whichever indicator is on you push the switch inwards and it cancels them.

I thought all bikes were like that these days?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

eddthompson
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on the bike i rode wernt, but it was pretty old (P reg).

It was quite funny, Id hear "turn the indicators off edd" so Id flick them off, then Id get, "still on edd" look down to see Id flicked them to the other side. This went on for some time.

edd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:53 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilvaRizla wrote:
Indicators were a real pain at first, i'd try to cancel the signal and instead flick them too far so the other one would come on, and then trying to cancel that one 2/5 times I'd do the same again Embarassed

I've heard heavy handed but heavy thumbed?!


Who did you do it with?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almaxx in Kirkby/Melling
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.16 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 72.09 Kb