Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Taxi Drivers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mozzer
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Taxi Drivers Reply with quote

What on earth are they doing?

I started riding about two weeks ago and since then i've been pulled by the police about 5 times for doing nothing wrong, so i've started riding at night in the hope of being pulled a few more times so I can put a harrasment complaint in so they stop it alltogether.

Anyway, during this night riding I see Taxi drivers doing the most stupid shit... I'll be waiting a red light and they'll just fucking go around me and go straight through it. They pull off from ranks without even looking. They stop in the middle of the road to drop a bunch of people off or pick them up.

I'm tempted to start doing equally annoying things back to them, maybe filtering past them at the lights and intentionally stalling it (Oops, L plates, newbie) until the lights go red again; or just sticking infront of them at 20mph and not letting them past.

I dunno, they just annoy me.

Ironic really, my dad is a Taxi driver and tells me to watch what I am doing on the roads.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

brooky
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well TBH from what youve said you must be doing something wrong to be pulled that many times in such a short period. But yes, Taxi drivers are wankers and think they own the roads. Middle Finger
____________________
Suzuki GSX-R 750 K6.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mozzer
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, i've been pulled once for a valid reason.. a brake light being out, which I fixed the next day. Other than that all they have done is check who I am, asked me to produce documents and ask me stupid questions.

I live in Blackpool though which is a chav mecca, I can see why a bike with L plates riding around at night might be suspicious, but when I am clearly kitted up and not speeding there's nothing to justify pulling me over.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Taxi Drivers Reply with quote

Mozzer wrote:
I started riding about two weeks ago and since then i've been pulled by the police about 5 times for doing nothing wrong...


5 pulls in 2 weeks? That is not normal - there is something about you/your bike/your riding to cause this. I've not been pulled once in almost 6 years.
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Krakatoa
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when i first started riding, i`d get pulled regularly. After talking with a nice pair of coppers(rare, but they are out there), they informed me that i looked suspicious. They figured that because i looked young i couldn`t afford my bike nor the insurance either.

After a few months of producers, it stopped. And touch wood, i haven`t been stopped since.

Most likely that that they haven`t got much to do, or are behind on thier productivity requirements, and see you as an easy collar.

Oh, and don`t rise to the taxi drivers bait, you`ll come off second best. They like to get their friends together via radio Wink
____________________
Tatty(but loved) NC 24.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:39 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Taxi Drivers Reply with quote

Mozzer wrote:


I started riding about two weeks ago and since then i've been pulled by the police about 5 times for doing nothing wrong

Wow, your'e really unlucky. Iv been riding on L plates since november and never been pulled. Was very lucky not to get pulled over yesterday, was doing about 50mph down this road when the police come up behind me, i carry on doing 50 hoping they wont realise im riding a 50cc and they just over took after half a mile.
____________________
Rieju MRX 50 Castrol Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I drive like a twat when i'm cabbing.

I'll hold my hands up, i'll pass red lights, i'll exessivly speed, i'll honk my horn after 11pm.

I will also be in a car maintained to a very high standard, I will have tax and insurance and I will have a big badge on the front identifying myself and I won't have had a drink, which is more than can be said for many drivers on a night.

I've never been pulled, had an accident or in fact even a complaint.
I'll cover more milage in a week than most peps in a month. Cabbies have more road experience than most.

Taxis speed, yeah so what? If they drove at the limit all the time I assure you you would be stood waiting a damn sight longer for your lift home.
____________________
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.42 Sec - Server Load: 1.78 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 55.13 Kb