Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ADSL Providers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: ADSL Providers Reply with quote

Hi all,

With my family moving back to BT from NTL, I now have the option of moving to a more reliable ISP.

Just wondering what ADSL ISP people recommend, I want the cheapest broadband, with the largest amount of usage I can.

I only use about 5-7Gb a month, so a small cap wouldn't bother me all that much.

Basically the cheaper the better, but it has to be reliable!

Would be nice to get free equiptment too, as all my cable stuff won't work.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are sure you won't use more then 10 gig download then i reccomend Zen Internet

https://www.zenbroadband.com/S_Business.aspx?page=518

20 quid a month, never had a problem, have it at work and at home and it's more reliable then a Honda Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

djr wrote:
If you are sure you won't use more then 10 gig download then i reccomend Zen Internet

https://www.zenbroadband.com/S_Business.aspx?page=518

20 quid a month, never had a problem, have it at work and at home and it's more reliable then a Honda Smile


Erm, Zen seem very expensive, and I can't find that £20 package on their site.

Cheapest I can see is £17.99 for 256kbps Broadband, and the next one up is £25.00. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig- wrote:

Erm, Zen seem very expensive, and I can't find that £20 package on their site.


You get what you pay for, dont go with some £15 a month package with some tin pot outfit and then come crying to us that your connection is up and down all the time. Thumbs Up

Try here it's just about the best isp comparison site there is.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:11 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if its an NTL line dont you have to have NTL?

for ADSL line my moneys with Nildram.

Regards
C
____________________
Help fight the safety camera partnerships Twisted Evil -- www.pepipoo.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With my family moving back to BT from NTL


Come on Mrs K, keep up. Laughing
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll rejoin Freedom 2 Surf, only ISP to waiver the activation fee it seems.

And I know what I am getting with them!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, depending on what kit you need, if its just a USB modem and some filters I've a garage full. I could let you have what you need for postage. Thumbs Up
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.pipex.co.uk/ourpackages/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Nildram here Thumbs Up
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

djr wrote:
https://www.pipex.co.uk/ourpackages/


Ever since I recommended them about 3 weeks ago I have had nothing but problems. I'm still having problems, and it's still not sorted .

Fed up with them Thumbs Down
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mal
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icey wrote:
djr wrote:
https://www.pipex.co.uk/ourpackages/


Ever since I recommended them about 3 weeks ago I have had nothing but problems. I'm still having problems, and it's still not sorted .

Fed up with them Thumbs Down


I had no problems with them until I moved house 6 weeks ago. They messed getting my account set up at the new place, so after 4 weeks I told them to stuff their cancellation charge and I've now got exactly the same service with Tiscali for £15 less a month and no problems so far.

Mal
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 13 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icey wrote:


Ever since I recommended them about 3 weeks ago I have had nothing but problems. I'm still having problems, and it's still not sorted .

Fed up with them Thumbs Down


Mine went down for months and they couldn't work out why. BT did have problems on the line but PIPEX just didn't do a thing to try and cure the problem.

Recently I've had what appear to be dns errors but they don't listen to the problem just send you a standardised help list.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I had a BT guy out earlier this week - he sorted my landline out (which appeared to go dead for some reason).
BB problems still exist, dog slow connection etc etc, phoned pipex again - and they said do this do that, and gave a speedtest thing out - which didnt end up working.
Phoned them again and had to do yet another speedtest thing, and then got a phone call from BT yesterday saying that another BT guy was coming out on the 19th to try and solve my BB problems - I won't hold my breathe!

Connection speeds I've so far recorded:

64.8kbps & 86.7kbps Mad
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 84.69 Kb