Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Lost a folder with ALL my pics on it

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Lost a folder with ALL my pics on it Reply with quote

Hi
Basically I had a shared folder on my comp, with all my pictures on it, litterally everything, biking, holidays, and now its just gone, Ive searched for the file and some of the pictures and none of them can be found.

Does anyone know of any good data recovery software, or any other way of getting it all back Sad.

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

I used https://www.recovermyfiles.com/ when I lsot all my pictures. Only managed to get back half with that software, no idea where the rest went. THAT was a sad, sad day. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kaben
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same happened to me. Lost about 3000 photos from my exchange year in South Carolina doing marine biology.
Was so pissed off.
I had pictures of our Dolphin necropsy and everything. I kid you not the bollocks on this dolphin were bigger than my head! Shocked

I hope you can recover them mate. I never did and it still makes me sad when i think about how many memories i have forgotten that were in those vids and pics Crying or Very sad

Kaben Thumbs Up
____________________
Its Not a Melon, Its Clearly a Lime!!
Yamaha Fazer 600Now dead, MZ 125 SM
My Deviant Art homepage https://robabloke.deviantart.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Did u pay for it instiagtor or were you able to aquire it for free anywhere Wink

And just realised had all my music and videos on it it too Neutral

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get back to you with an activation code.

I downloaded it a while ago and got an activation code that worked from www.serials.ws but it seems they don't have one for this latest release.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be grateful, my machine nearly got infected by about 5 trojans going onto Serial websites. Laughing

Recover My Files v3.97

Name:crsky Code:N857J7-0W2X43-KZ34BN-WTQ3AC-MXHTUQ-A0ABY3-K0QW5K-PDPNC5

Go download the "trial" now from the link I gave you in my 1st post.

Hope it works.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate, top notch Thumbs Up

Does it find just delete stuff or stuff that has just disapeared?

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Lost a folder with ALL my pics on it Reply with quote

You're not logged on as a different user, or something to that effect?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be saving the the same disk you deleted it from.

see if you can get your hands on a program called Rstudio 3.0 its fairly good
____________________
Northern Irish Biker? www.nibikers.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
cheers mate, top notch Thumbs Up

Does it find just delete stuff or stuff that has just disapeared?

Luke


Both I think. My pictures jsut disappeared one day and I couldnae find half of them, even after using the program. So it does both. Just you know...search for /jpg or something like that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:02 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And next time save stuff you can't afford to lose elsewhere too. Even I know that.

It's not like DVDs are expensive these days.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontrack Easy Recovery Professional Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/341983/Recover_My_Files_3_6_Crack

That worked for us, when I accidentally formatted the PC.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SimonB
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I accidentally format a mobile phone memory card this program would be able to recover them?
____________________
Bikes: Honda CBR250RR [sold], Yamaha FZR600 [sold], Honda CBR600RR6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 20 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonB wrote:
So if I accidentally format a mobile phone memory card this program would be able to recover them?


Should do, as with all that type of program it depends how long the info has been deleted as the segment/cluster it is in is usually overwritten time and time again. So its best to run the prog ASAP.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:08 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke you get it fixed? Always like to hear success stories :p

stinkwheel wrote:
And next time save stuff you can't afford to lose elsewhere too. Even I know that.

It's not like DVDs are expensive these days.


But.....it's...it's just too..much effort. Confused

*Greg confesses that he lives in the age of the lazy sod and has adapted a <<insert word here, I'm drawing a blank>> to suit*
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:13 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backup or fuck up. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
Rookie wrote:
That worked for us, when I accidentally formatted the PC.


How did you accidentally format your drive? How did you miss the several "Are you sure?" questions?


i deleted the partition on mine before. while watching some "interesting" tv lol
____________________
Northern Irish Biker? www.nibikers.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
And next time save stuff you can't afford to lose elsewhere too. Even I know that.

It's not like DVDs are expensive these days.


Working in IT, I see this a lot, I have seen people loose everything.

Where are your backups I ask, our remote users have a DVD writer, memory pens and sometimes DAT drives.

I go the other way, I have 2 hard drives in each computer and I have robocopy scripts that synchronise all my pictures and documents, between both computers.

So I have 4 hard drives with everything on.

Then I burn out a DVD at least once a month, 1 goes in the car or the garage and more often than not one to my mother for a total off site backup.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mondeokid wrote:
Then I burn out a DVD at least once a month


Only 1?? You can't have much stuff to back up! Razz

To try to ensure my digital photos are safe, I employ the following:

A linux server built with two 250GB drives and two 120GB drives. The 120GB drives are mirrored, and the 250GB drives are mirrored. This gives me a 120GB raid device for the OS and non-essential data, and a 250GB raid device for my important files, photos, music, etc.

I then have my desktop windows PC. I copy my photos off my camera onto my desktop PC. I then use a file synchronisation application called 'unison' to mirror the photos from my PC onto my server.

I also have some pictures mirrored onto my work laptop.

I'm now in the process of looking for a tape drive to attach to my server which will allow me to make further 'offline' backups of my data.

Nothing is ever 100% safe though. Wink
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Psychofly
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:43 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best file recovery programs I've used is https://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Very good and more importantly very free.
____________________
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+ He who weldeth together 2 unicycles maketh not a bike..... +
+ White men can't jump but fat men can shag so give us a chance..... +
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:

Only 1?? You can't have much stuff to back up! Razz



No 1 DVD just does me, my documents is only 100mb or so, the odd letter (I do most stuff like that at work anyway).

Picture whise i've had a digital camera for 5 years, and have about 4gbs worth. (I don't take loads and uptill 2 years ago I was on a 1.3mega pixel).

I think it'll be a dual layer disk soon. But not the end of the world.

One thing these days for backups is just buy another hard drive and keep it off site. When our tape drive at work died I did just that for a few weeks.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaben wrote:
Same happened to me. Lost about 3000 photos from my exchange year in South Carolina doing marine biology.
Was so pissed off.
I had pictures of our Dolphin necropsy and everything. I kid you not the bollocks on this dolphin were bigger than my head! Shocked

I hope you can recover them mate. I never did and it still makes me sad when i think about how many memories i have forgotten that were in those vids and pics Crying or Very sad

Kaben Thumbs Up


Necropsy's rule.

I'll post a picture i have of the sea turtle necropsy i did (/helped in... altho its worrying when you can use scalpels better then the vet Rolling Eyes ) which is gory as hell but pretty cool.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kam
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if this replaces files but if you do the old 'msconfig' in the run box then go to system recovery and recover to an earlier date, you could get them back - or this could just be me talking crap
____________________
Proud owner of a Honda CG 2005 model with 1005 Miles on the clock - Bought on 19/12/2005 Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.07 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.6 Kb