Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Garmin GPS - Mapsource software and unlock codes, etc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Garmin GPS - Mapsource software and unlock codes, etc Reply with quote

I recently bought a GPS Map 60 CS.

The seller not only managed to leave out one of the city-select CDs, but has also not given me any 7 or 8 digit codes.

I have downloaded the City Select 7 software from other sources, however I do not have an unlock code to go with this.

Any ideas how I can get maps on to my GPS?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BigChris
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:15 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

get in contact with the muppet and in the meantime, i'll have a look to see what I can do when I get back from malaysia.

Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BigChris
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

reet, i've got home and i've got garmin's world map. (original)

Want me to make you a copy? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, but I don't think it will work on my GPS?

I can get the maps onto my GPS, but I need an 'unlock code', which is partly related to the serial code of my GPS.

However, this being the case, it seems I might have a hope of getting the code from Garmin themselves, as if this code has been issued before, it would only work on my own GPS, so I couldn't use it to 'steal' anything that hasn't been paid for.

I will drop them an email in a minute.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW when I got an old GPS V unit the seller sent the codes but his info was also on the Garmin site. I could access, change and get the codes. However, since then they appear to have changed it to a myGarmin access. As you said, drop them a email or used the technical help page to send in the request. As a buyer of the unit (although not the original one) you should have access as you have the unit.

Best of luck Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.83 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45 Kb