Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


FJR brakes: top stoppers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: FJR brakes: top stoppers Reply with quote

Stayed with friends at Gt Yarmouth on Friday night, and took a scenic route home on the FJR, following the coast road up to Cromer, and along to Hunstanton, before coming back via Ely, and Huntingdon.

The road betwen Cromer and Hunstanton has some fantastic twisty bits, but some of them are obscured by high hedges. I came out one bend to find a car doing about 25, so I passed him, and tipped it in for the next bend. As I rounded it that bend, I found out why it was doing 25. I was confronted by a queue of traffic, stuck behind a tractor.

rolled off the throttle, feathered the back brake a bit, and when the bike was pointing in a straight enough line, and upright, started on the front brake.. squeezed it.. hmm not losing enough speed, squeezed a bit harder.. hmm getting close now. HEAVE... and as I slow dramatically (i wasn't exactly being gentle before that) I felt the back end lift. bear in mind this is a lardy tourer, with luggage full of stuff :S it was up, I felt it swing a bit to the right, and I eased off on the brakes, an it touched down again. no fuss, no heart pounding adrenaline, just an 'oh, the back end's up in the air' thought Neutral

they are damned good brakes! Very Happy

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only imagine how good they were on the R1 they came off of.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.04 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 33.18 Kb