|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:47 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: Doing a Hex.. |
 |
|
After years of mediocre job satisfaction the opportunity to go part time has presented itself at my current place of work and I’ve finally decided that I’m gonna go part time and attempt to pursue something that I actually take pleasure in. I’ve always enjoyed writing and after some positive feedback from a few magazine’s and people that I respect in the field I believe that now is the time to give it a crack.
Thankfully things have fallen into place and although it’s a bit of a risk I can cover my (and the wife’s) arse financially whilst improving my quality of life when it comes to the day to day grind of employment.
It’s a nervy feeling jacking ½ your job in when you’ve had financial stability for such a long time however I‘m really looking forward to the challenge. I can already sense the weight of anxiety that comes with doing a job that doesn’t fulfil my aspirations disappearing and being replaced with a feeling of exhilaration and anticipation of what might come with a new career  ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cool! Good stuff, do you know what you're going to write about? Do you want to write about anything in particular?
Are you going to be a journalist (features stuff would be egg and milk with your style Steve) or just writing articles or books?
Good luck.  ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:53 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the positive comments guys - much appreciated.
As for what particular field I intend to attempt, I've got no particular preference, I just want to write although I'd love to do something sport related on the journalism front - Luck's gonna play a major part obviously but I don't wanna look back in 5 years time (when I'll have broken the 40 barrier!) and think 'I wish I'd have given it a fair crack of the whip'
As someone prophetically once sang (Robbie Williams or Keith Harris and Orville - I can't remember which) 'No Regrets'  ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:09 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
good for you buddy, hope it all goes well.  ____________________ Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kaben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kaben World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:35 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like a great idea mate, im sure you will have alot of success with it too!
Now how about getting the ball rolling again by posting your ZX-10 review. Ive been waiting two weeks for this!  ____________________ Its Not a Melon, Its Clearly a Lime!!
Yamaha Fazer 600Now dead, MZ 125 SM
My Deviant Art homepage https://robabloke.deviantart.com/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| queen of string |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 queen of string World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|