|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Kaben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kaben World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:05 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: I am Angry..... |
 |
|
I just phoned Sunnyside a camp site in Newquay to book a holiday for myself and about 20 friends. Do you know how hard it is to get people to give you money to organise a holiday? Its nigh on impossible. but i finnally got it and i phone Sunnyside. I apologise for this long post, but i must vent .
I have one thing to say about the people who work at sunnyside -
They are tards.
Seriously, I've never spoken to a more mentally devoid person in my life. I probably could have got more sense out of my left shoe. Let me explain....
Following people paying more money into my bank account I decided to phone Sunnyside and make the booking for our wonderful holiday. We had to book today as the website said "Book and pay for your holiday by the end of July and get 25% off" - how excellent you may think. So, as I was about to get this "bargain" I was not really concerned about being held in a queue for about 10 minutes before my call was answered...
My call was eventually answered and I explained that there was a large group of us arriving on the 12th and I would like to book and pay for us in full, plus a few cars etc etc.
Her answer to my statement was "No".
Her response was not what I was looking for so I asked for clarification. To her the clarification was very reasonable but I was somewhat confused - she seemed to be saying that I couldn't book or have my 25% discount. So I sought further clarification...
It appeared that despite the website saying the 25% deal was running until the end of the month (i.e today) she was adamant that the offer had in fact expired last week. I started to explain the way our calendar system works and how July doesn't end until midnight tonight and was about to get into basic astronomy and how the position of the moon can show us what day it is...
However, the stupid bint was having none of it. So I decided to utilise what little legal knowledge I have and pointed out that on their website this was clearly stated and it was therefore false advertising. However, although Sunnyside are a bunch of tards, they appear to have a cunning streak in them.... You see they launched their new website over the weekend and now when you click on "Special Offers" the deal is no longer there. As this was my "smoking gun" of evidence I was left without much of a case. However, I wanted to whinge at someone else so asked for her manager.
The manager had the mental capabilities of a radiator. Her argument was that we didn't even need to book because it wouldn't be busy that weekend. I pointed out to her that the number of people in her stupid little campsite didn't not really have anything to do with my desire to get 25% off. After other pointless statements she basically said that the launch of the new website was the "cut-off" for the deal and the website was launched yesterday = deal ended yesterday. At this point I was wondering whether she had recently been appointed at Sunnyside following a 12 year career heading up the Department of Unhelpfulness at the National Institute for Complete Knob Jockeys. I suggested that maybe the old website should have said "get 25% off until we get a new website" or something equally unhelpful. She did not thank me for the suggestion.
I got bored of arguing with her and just wanted to get off the phone so I could imagine what she might look like if she were trapped inside a burning car. So I asked to be put back on with Sunnyside booking bint number 1. When I got back on the phone with her I said - look, I'm bored of arguing so can I just book and pay now. Her response "no" - I then was about to start explaining the concept of a "booking hotline" and the basics of commercial activity where money is generally exchanged for goods and services when she came up with the 2340987th stupid statement of the phone call - "it's really busy at the moment, but we won't be busy then so you'll be ok". Given their grasp of the calendar system she probably thought that 2 weeks time was Christmas 2009 so I had little confidence in her assessment that "we'd be ok". I said I really REALLY wanted to book as I'd got everyone to pay the money to me and we didn't want to be caught out so LET ME BOOK YOU STUPID WOMAN - THAT'S YOUR JOB - YOU WORK FOR SUNNYSIDE ANSWERING PHONES ON THE "BOOKING HOTLINE" - WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE DOING INSTEAD?!!???!!!! TOPLESS MODELLING???? JET SKI INSTRUCTION??? WHAT ELSE COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE DOING WHILST WORKING ON A "BOOKING HOTLINE" THAT HAS RESULTED IN YOU BEING TOO BUSY TO BOOK MY F*UCKING HOLIDAY!!!!!?????
So, my phone call to the Sunnyside Booking Hotline accomplished the following things....
1. We are not booked in
2. We did not get our 25% discount
I hope the stupid bints who I spoke to are the victims of severe burns at some point during their lives.
That is all,
Kaben  ____________________ Its Not a Melon, Its Clearly a Lime!!
Yamaha Fazer 600Now dead, MZ 125 SM
My Deviant Art homepage https://robabloke.deviantart.com/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kaben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kaben World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:33 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
We want to stay there though. We have been there for 5 years in a row.....its almost ritualistic now.  ____________________ Its Not a Melon, Its Clearly a Lime!!
Yamaha Fazer 600Now dead, MZ 125 SM
My Deviant Art homepage https://robabloke.deviantart.com/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| benc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 benc Scooby Slapper
Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:22 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Write to the chief executive / managing director (the address is one the website). Be polite. Let him/her know what happened - and the date/time of your call. Let him/her know about the size of your party. Let him/her know that you have previously enjoyed your stays there and would have loved to do so again, but this time you are now looking for alternatives and are going to book somewhere else very soon. Also let him/her know that you are going to tell your friends and acquaintances (including via web forums) about your booking experience.
Include your phone number.
If you're lucky, you'll get an offer of a discount. Even if you don't, it's likely that the call handling staff will get some remedial training. Worst that can happen is that it will be totally ignored, but you'll feel better for writing it and will never know that nothing happened (it's much more likely that the telephone staff will get a bollocking). ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|