Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


three day headache...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: three day headache... Reply with quote

I have a headache for three days, I have taken tablets, nurofen, drank loads of fluid ( and peeed for england), went out for a ride today....nah...didnt budge! I tried not going on the 'puter nor watching tv...no joy...its still with me....

anyone....any suggestions...? keep 'em clean too....
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:56 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

get your eyes tested at the opticians...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Doctors IMMEDIATELY.

It is highly unlikely that it is the case, however I always warn people to get checked out because of this, so please dont panic. My aunt had this about 10 years ago, headaches for a few days. One day she was getting my cousins ready for school and fell down the stairs, she had a brain haemorradge(sp) and died a week later. She was an averagely fit 30 yr old woman.

Like I said I dont mean to scare but go and get it looked at ASAP. Karma
____________________
Pictorgraphicalfantastical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above says get to the Docs, My mates dad came home from work saying a headache had just come on and he was dead the next morning (41 year old)......But its doubtfull but play it safe. Thumbs Up


BTW watching TV and using a pc will only make it worse, due to the refresh rate of both acting like a flashing light. Best thing is relaxing in a quiet, darkened room for a couple of hours.

Are you stressed over anything? That could cause it too.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have painful sinus?
Is it painful to squeeze the bridge of your nose?

If so then may be your sinus.
Taking decongestant tablets appear to ease it for me.

Best go to see a pharamasist or a doctor.

HTH Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger, Could it be hormonal?? I get headaches that last for a few days at certain times of the month. Usually a few days before my period starts.....nothing shifts them.

Could be hayfever or sinus problems.

but if I was you, I would get it checked out, just to put your mind at ease.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try drinking some dyralite to help rehydration, sometimes water can make it worse by flushing out salts etc.


I'd certainly go and chat to a pharmacist (usually more help than a doctor) and if necessary go and see a doctor, making sure you take boxes of whatever painkillers etc you have taken.

Hope you feel better soon hon.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:03 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing about going to the pharmacist is that they will either be able to help, or they'll tell you to see the GP... in which case, when you book your appt, tell the receptionist that you have consulted a pharmacist and chances are you'll get an appt quicker!
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit staring at a computer screen, and go see a doctor.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dot_Comm
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I don't know if you're male or female!

When I started taking The Pill I was put on the 21-day combined pill. This was fine for a while but a couple of months into it I had the most awful headaches, they were constant and ibuprofen would make them go away for a bit but then they would wear off and the headache would be back. I had my eyes tested but apparently headaches related to eyes are very easy to spot and this wasn't it.

It wasn't until I got a migraine (hadn't had one of them for years until then) that I realised it was the pills, and stopped taking them. As soon as I stopped taking them, the headaches went. So maybe you've recently started taking some medication that you hadn't considered previously?

I'd definitely agree with all of the above to go to the docs though.

Rach
____________________
My bike: Suzuki Bandit 600 (33bhp)
Previous bike: Peugeot Speedfight 2 100
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm female, and yes it was hormonal, as soon as the pain eased the headache eased too, its practically disappeared now too. I phoned the NHS advice line and they said to rest as much as possible and drink plenty of fluids. Ive been having cat naps through the day and this helped too.

Oddly enough I felt my appeasing my screaming hormones with chips, chocolate and Dr Pepper I felt a lot better. I think fighting it was making my head worse.

Headache gone, everything else almost over, but I have now broken my little toe....ow! Being so clumsy from the hormonal crap and headaches, I walked into the door frame and broke my toe...ow ow ow ow!!!!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

queen of string
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just pants. I hate those days when you just feel like you're 4 inches out of synch with yourself.
____________________
"Eat food, not edible, food-like items. Mostly plants."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
I'm female, and yes it was hormonal, as soon as the pain eased the headache eased too, its practically disappeared now too.


I thought it might be.... glad its settling now.

BB xx
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:59 - 01 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A female headache? oh please that is nothing compared to man-flu. Razz
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 81.63 Kb