Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Senda 125 or CBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Senda or CBR ?
Derbi Senda 125 4 stroke
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Honda CBR 125
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author Message

Jon-W
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Senda 125 or CBR 125 Reply with quote

Advantages of both, Which is better, which would be more reliable, Have more power and which one would generally last longer?
Comments appreciated.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senda is 4 stroke now? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon-W
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the senda 125 is and always has been 4 stroke. the 50's are still 2 stroke.
jon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Never knew that.

The CBR is a 4 stroke too, so the performance is going to be pretty similar. The Senda might just have the edge because of the weight difference, but the CBR will have slightly better aerodynamics.

I'd go for the Senda; if it's a 1st bike you will more than likely drop it, and as an unfaired bike the Senda will cost considerably less when you drop it. Don't buy new, if you were considering it, you'll lose a lot of money.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon-W
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

o rite. i thought the value of four strokes didnt depreciate very much..Senda's have a habit of rattling to bits? Certainly the 2 strokes anyway..also dodgy electrics? anyone have any ideas if this is the case in the 125's?
Which of the two has a better output? CBR:13bhp Senda: ??

jon


Last edited by Jon-W on 18:23 - 04 Aug 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senda's have the same bhp output. It's not going to particularly fast, but it's also not going to be terribly sluggish, and it will make an excellent commuter in heavy traffic, as they're both quite narrow, the Senda particularly.

4 strokes depreciate less than 2 strokes to an extent, mostly because they can handle high mileage better than 2 strokes.

I've always heard Derbi have a fairly good reputation for build quality, but Honda have probably got the best in the motorcycling world. I'm not sure whether this holds true for the CBR125, but there's no reason why it wouldn't.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon-W
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is the Senda 125 has a Honda XR 125 motor in it..making it reliable(honda quality?)
The CBR is Watercooled and the Senda aircooled...Dont know if this would effect anything performance wise? The CBR has a larger carb aswell.

But Sendas are renowned for having dodgy wiring ( espetially in their moped models ) Anyone know if this is the case in the 125's?

jon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 04 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the senda, i would also recommend you get the supermoto version instead of the trail version as the knobbly tyres on the trail are crap in wet weather. If well maintained well they will be as reliable as each other and last as long as each other. The Senda is also a lot cheaper than the CBR, You can get a senda for under £2000 while CBRs are around £2500
____________________
Rieju MRX 50 Castrol Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sunbear
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:23 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for the Senda too. The CBR125 looks like a push bike with plastic bits stuck on. And you can always take it off road for a few laughs too Thumbs Up I may be wrong but i would imagine the Senda would have quicker accelleration up to road speed too ? Thumbs Up
____________________
Bikes had : BMW F650, suzuki tr50, gt125, SV400, GSXR600 SRAD. Honda CBR900RRP, CBR600FX, CBR1000F, VT600, Transalp 600, mtx125, nsr125r, CB500T, Yamaha fy50, tzr125, tdr125, XV535, Diversion 600, Fazer 600, TDM850 MK1 & MK2, Majesty 400, XV 1100. Cagiva mito evolution, Aprilia rs125, Piaggio x9 125. DNA 125 . Suzuki Bandit 600, GZ125 Marauder, RF600 , RF900RS2, Kawasaki ZZR400, ZX6R Ninja, ZZR600 . Ducati 750 Sport . Triumph Tiger 955i. CURRENT : 2004 Kawasaki Z750 and LOVIN IT !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBR will have a small top speed advantage over the Senda, but it's not enough to make a big difference. The CBR's engine is claimed to be 13bhp, while the Senda uses the less powerful but lighter 11.8bhp XLR/CLR engine. The Senda looks nice, is supposed to be quite tough, and is probably almost as practical as the Honda. The CBR would be the best choice for distance riding or motorways etc, and the Senda would be a better all round/in town riding machine. You can tune both of these bikes, with big bore kits, and cams and exhausts etc, not that it's worth it though. I just think the Air cooled OHC motor is more versatile and more tunable, as it's been around for about 30years. A senda fitted with a 20bhp XLR200 motor would be decent fun though i would imagine!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Duckyboos
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading this with some interest, because I've had my eye on a CBR125 for a few weeks now. I failed my DAS about three weeks ago, I haven't really got the confidence for a large bike just yet. I've been learning on a CG125 but I hate the damned things. I need to find something that I can buy now for £1k or maybe just a few quid more, to ride on L-plates, to get some road experience up for my A2 licence...something fairly nice looking (I don't really like dirt/trail bikes or low-riders) and something physically small and light - I'm a female with a 29" leg and little upper-body strength. I've read up on the bad points on the CBR125 - its size, its mediocre top speeds and its lack of oomph... but this doesn't really bother me. I won't be doin' motorways, only city/town riding - mainly the 3 miles to work and back every day. It's not the cheapest to insure on a CBT - £600 bucks or thereabouts for the first year on TPF&T - but it looks to me like something that I wouldn't mind keeping for a while. Some guidance here, please? Would it really be such a bad first buy for me?

Ta Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon-W
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been to look at the Senda in a showroom. Derbi has carried on the trend of messy wiring by the looks of it. Confused

I also feel the same way you do about the CBR125 duckyboos...Seeing it in the showroom i gota say it feels a lot more " solid " i guess that comes from being a honda. I can see myself getting along with one very well. The CBR ( or which ever one i end up with ) is going to be an upgrade from a 50cc 2 stroke.

jon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Duckyboos
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:34 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was home in Northampton I popped by the local Honda dealership to see if they had any NSRs in that I could check for size, but the chap said they didn't make them any more, and that the CBR125 was pretty much its replacement. I didn't go much on it at the time, because I had big ideas on getting my full license and burnin' off on a 600 Bandit or summat. Things haven't quite worked out as I'd planned tho and I reckon I'm gonna head back there and take a proper look at the CBR.

Most of the second-hand ones I'm finding on the interwaffle are only 2 or 3 years old, and hopefully, with them being a 4-stroke, they're unlike to have been ragged witless like the 2-strokes that I'm repeatedly warned about. But if anyone has any reasons why I should steer clear...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tall are you two thinking of getting the CBR? Just thought id find out as the CBR is a tiny bike and if your over 6ft will probably end up looking like this ... Shocked
____________________
Rieju MRX 50 Castrol Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Duckyboos
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh! God no! He looks about twice my height! I'm 5'6". They didn't seem all that small when I looked at them in the showroom, but I'm gonna take another look.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

happy days
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 08 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi are parts easy to get for the derbi senda supermoto 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 91.42 Kb