Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Kites?!?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 03 Aug 2006    Post subject: Kites?!?! Reply with quote

Who here flies kites? Of any kind, stunt kites, powerkites?

I have flown a Flexifoil powerkite before down Watergate bay, but I have just taken the plunge of buying a stuntkite, it is a Bebop Prisma, that I bought from the Kiteshop, I love the ease of flying a kite and how quick you can fly em.

https://www.kiteshop.co.uk/xcart/kites/stunt-kites/bebop-prisma_p543.html?featured=1
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 03 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car was very narrowly missed by one a couple of weeks ago whilst driving from long rock to Marazion in Cornwall. There was some knobhead on the beach flying it but rather than make sure it was over the beach he seemed to prefer to fly it at low level across the road. I was hoping a double decker came along and ran it down but sadly it didn't happen.
Nothing against kites, but flying them over roads is a bit naughty.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 03 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two of these - do they count?

https://www.impress-group.co.uk/media/gyrosmll.gif
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 03 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 x 10ft flexi's and a 6 ft flexi that I have had for years. They are great fun but not flown them for a while!

I have a small delta wing but not really flown that much as it's a bit dull compared to the flexi's!

I like flying!
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nc30 chick
Traffic Copper



Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 03 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubby and i use to fly kites before the kids were born, hubbys getting back into it now and he has a collection of kites but his latest is the revolution, harder to fly than deltas Very Happy , also into buggying at the moment, i say at the moment because its probably a fad Very Happy he flies them at windsor great park..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teaman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to fly kites,
I own two stunt kites, one by the kite factory,, great if it goes up but a bugger to launch, breaks strings aswell,
The other one is a spirit of air sabre kite, goes up quick, tuns quick crashes like a twat,
this you can launch solo if your lucky but mine has a problem at the moment, it likes to go left, also likes tho break struts,
I have two diamond stunt kits for the kids from poundland, (currnetly untested) and a template to make a sled kite out of bin bags, known to fly in very light winds, just not had time to make it yet[/url]
____________________
There is no point in ranting about someone stupid because there is nothing u can do about it. There is no cure for stupid.
Someone stupid does not realise they r stupid.stupidity is indistinguishable from malice U just have to accept that some people are thick as p1gsh1t and work around them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 48.57 Kb